Chapter 31: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: I don't think there is enough space to type how sorry I am you all had to wait so long. Or how thankful I am for you all putting up with me. I swear every time I had a minute It would be filled with something. BUT now I am back living in residence and I have a week before things pick up a little. (But my schedule isn't that hectic this year, yay!)

So this will be a week of updates. 

Comment, vote, and enjoy :D**

Shikamaru

It didn't matter how many plans we made. It didn't matter how many angles we looked at it from. There was no way we could break Rin out without getting caught. Even Kakashi admitted he couldn't move fast enough to break her chains and get out before the Anbu got in. Plus the cell itself was designed to cave in if the Anbu couldn't stop her. They weren't about to risk anything, not with Rin as their prisoner. This is why I decided to go with the craziest plan I came up with.

"Enter" I released a slow breath when I heard Lady Tsunade's voice and finally pushed open the doors of her office. She looked up and sat back in her chair as I approached the desk.

"Shikamaru, this is a surprise." She started and I bowed.

 "I've come to make a request" She raised an eye but nodded.

"Proceed" I clenched my fist slightly to stop the nerve as I stood a little straighter.

"Rin has been in captivity for nearly a week now with no progress, not even Lord Danzo or Ibiki could make her talk. At the rate were going she'll escape or her brothers may attack the village before we get any information." She sighed.

"I am aware of the situation Shikamaru; she'll be put on trial soon enough"

"Then all this effort would have been for nothing." I argued.

"What other method can you suggest that we haven't already tried?" She asked. This was it, this was my only chance.

"We take her out of that cell" It fell silent then until Lady Tsunade got to her feet.

"Are you insane, do you expect me to just let her go?"

"I said nothing about letting her go, just taking her out of her cell. Rin has always been an ally of the leaf, even in the time she's been gone she has not harmed another leaf ninja other than Suki and those three Anbu. She loves this village, it's her home." I explained.

"If she loves it so much then why won't she help us protect it against the Akatsuki?"

"Because the Akatsuki gives her freedom while we make her a captive in her home. Would you be cooperative if the same was done to you?" I asked and she fell silent.

"All I'm asking is a few days with Rin out of her cell. Let her back into the village, with her comrades. Let her feel at home again and then maybe you'll get the information you want." She remained silent for a while. The nerves in my stomach were beginning to grow and I flinched when she snapped her fingers. Two Anbu appeared at her sides.

"Bring me Rin Uchiha"

"But my Lady...."

"Now" She said firmly. They nodded and disappeared a moment later. Lady Tsunade's eyes fell on me.

"The chakra seals will remain where they are. You are not to let her out of your sight and at the slightest hint of trouble she will be returned to her cell, understood?"

"Yes ma'am" I said quickly.

"I hope you understand the extent of the risk that I'm taking Shikamaru. If Rin escapes I'm not the only one who will pay the consequences"