Chapter 72: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

So Rin has returned to the village, which is super exciting. At least I find it is because how long has it been that Rin has made a decision that wasn't based around protecting Itachi and Sasuke? Never, I actually don't think she's ever has haha. 

So here we go! I think the filler will last 3-5 chapters. Just to get Rin back into the swing of things and also give me some time to get a head start on Pein's attack arc! :D 

Now comment, vote and enjoy!

**

Kakashi

We had managed to keep Rin's return silent, or at least as silent as you could when you were dealing with the Uchiha Princess. Sakura had aided Lady Tsunade in medical treatments, and she was expected to make a full recovery. It has been a week but she has yet to wake up. Sakura attributed it to heavy medication and general exhaustion from the battle. I glanced up at the hospital room door; two ANBU were stationed outside and more around the building. While I had managed to keep them out of the room Lady Tsuande had no choice but to take precautions.

"Well you're home Rin" I said gently as I watched her. She had bandages covering her eyes and was attached to a heart monitor, but Sakura had removed the breathing assistance yesterday. The bruises around her neck were already fading.

"I really hope you have a plan" I muttered. Danzo was ready to take her straight trial, or rather ready to condemn her without one. The elders seemed to be in agreement with his force but Lady Tsunade didn't waver.

"Visiting hours are over" I glanced up. One of the ANBU had stepped in. I glanced outside, confused.

"It's barely evening" I argued.

"Yes well Rin isn't a regular patient, she is not afforded the same luxuries. Danzo's orders" He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Until you show me a confirmation of this order from Lady Tsunade, I'm not leaving" I objected.

"Lord Danzo has..."

"Shut up" We both fell silent and looked at Rin.

"Rest and recovery becomes complicated with all of you arguing every damn day" She complained and I stepped towards the bed.

"Rin" I started and her head turned towards me.

"Kakashi" She realized, her voice dry.

"Wait, where am I?" She demanded, her hands touching the bandages covering her eyes.

"The village, as per your request" I replied carefully and she nodded slowly. I glanced at the ANBU.

"Don't you have a job to do?" I asked and he seemed to snap out of his trance as he turned to his partner.

"Alert the Hokage"

"And while you're at it" Rin called, causing the second ANBU to stop.

"I would also like to speak with the village councilors"

"Rin, that's not..." I fell silent when her hand touched mine.

"Trust me Kakashi"

Lady Tsunade

I had walked out of a meeting the moment the ANBU alerted me of the news. Rin was finally awake and while she requested an audience with the elders I chose not to involve them. If she wanted to avoid a death sentence I needed to make a deal and fast. I rushed into the hospital and straight to her room. Kakashi was already there, sitting at her bedside. Sakura had disconnected her from the machines and was checking her vitals.