Chapter 62: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Okay so this one is a little longer than most. I needed a lot of things to happen haha.

So we are getting closer and closer to the Itachi and Sasuke battle in fact it should be started within the next 2-3 chapters. Maybe even the next one depending on how I chose to write the next chapter. Either way I am very excited for it!

But for now here is this! :)

Also! One of my lovely fans had asked to use Rin in her story and with my approval has done just that. So if anyone wants to check it out go the story is called Not Forever. I have also dedicated this chapter to her so just click on her user up top which should take you right to her page! :)

Now then on with the story!

Comment, vote and of course enjoy!

**

Itachi

Pein had called an emergency meeting, normally Rin would ignore it but I insisted that she make an appearance in case it was news she could use to find Sasuke. I knew she was more annoyed that it inturrped our Sharingan training.

"Where are Deidara and Tobi?" Rin asked. I glanced at the astral projections just noticing that they weren't present.

"Deidara is dead" Pein replied simply. I glanced at Rin, who's eyes were very wide. I knew her friends here were in short supply but I stil wasn't sure how she'd take this. He was still Akatsuki after all.

"Another member lost, and I thought he was pretty strong" Kisame muttered.

"D-Dead?" Rin finaly managed to stammer and Pein nodded.

"How?" She demanded.

"It was Sasuke" Pein replied.

"However it appears that Sasuke has died as well" Zetsu added. I stiffened and could feel Rin's eyes on me.

"You should feel greatful Itachi, Rin. Dediara sacrificed his life and saved you both a lot of trouble" Pein continued.

"And Tobi?" Rin asked finally.

"It appears he's dead as well, Deidara detonated himself without regards for his surroundings" Zetsu explained. I knew Rin would doubt this, after all these years she knew better than to think less of Madara.

"No matter, he can easily be replaced but losing Deidara is unfortunate" Pein admitted and I resisted rolling my eyes.

"I must go, let us try to mourn Deidara's death quietly" We all waited for Pein's projection to vanish before we followed suit. When I opened my eyes I was back in field we were using for training, I rose when Rin did. 

"I have maybe like five friends in this world, Sasuke needs to stop killing them" She muttered. She seemed more upset than hurt by the loss but Rin wasn't exactly the express her feelings type.

"You seem to be taking the loss of Sasuke well" Kisame said suddenly.

"The idiot's not dead" She replied shortly.

"Deidara's jutsu...."

"I know all about Dei's jutsu, it was meant for Itachi not Sasuke" She explained.

"So, is Deidara..."

"No, he's dead. He had a shorter fuse than I did. Plus, the Sharingan get's him riled up and he loses focus." She interrupted to which Kisame nodded.