Chapter 58: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Okay here we go!

A lot of this will be focused around the Uchiha's, seeing as it's the Itachi pursit arc. I don't want to give to much away but I'm really hoping you guys will like what I do with this arc :D

Please let me know what you think and also of course what you think of this chapter :D

**

Itachi

I flicked Rin in the forehead, hard enough to get in her attention and she flinched before batting my hand away. I heard Kisame stifle a snicker.

"I hate when you do that" She complained, rubbing the spot I had flicked.

"You're distracted" I pointed out and she sighed.

"When I'm in trouble, or even Sasuke can you sense it? Like do you ever feel it?" She asked and I stared at her for a moment, before she sighed and shook her head.

"Never mind, it's probably just..."

"When you we're in the sand village, I was on a mission with Kisame and Ai." I started.

"Out of the blue you came to mind, and a bad feeling followed. I decided in waiting to see you at the extraction and when you didn't show I knew something was wrong"

"Must have been right before my surgery" She replied and I nodded slightly.

"Do you sense something wrong with Sasuke?" I asked and she shrugged.

"There's always something wrong with Sasuke, but being in danger isn't usually one of them. I'm sure he's doing fine" She said firmly.

"Now back to training" I nodded in agreement then as I stepped back from her.

"First we'll brush up on your basics, starting with taijutsu" I noticed her face drop into a small frown.

"You have a vast array of ninjutsu at your disposal Rin, and that arsenal grows every time you face a new opponent." I started.

"You're Genjutsu is also quite powerful and I will aid you in strengthening your Sharingan based techniques, but in all your advances, other than your speed, your taijutsu is not much greater than what it was when you were 11" I pointed out and her face fell into a scowl.

"Don't get short with me Rin, ego is and has been the downfall of many Uchiha. I wouldn't expect you of all people to be stupid enough to fall prey to it." She sighed but relaxed her face.

"Alright, alright I get it. Cut the ego and listen" She replied.

"So is that why you have the targets set up?" She asked and I nodded.

"I did this training exercise when I was like five Itachi" I nodded again and stepped behind her, untying her headband.

"You rely heavily on your Sharingan in battle, especially against taijutsu users and what was one of the first things I taught you?" I asked and she sighed.

"Ninja will think an Uchiha are only as good as their sight, so we must learn how to fight blind" She repeated it word for word.

"Something you have yet to master" I replied as I lowered the band to cover her eyes.

"For this exercise I will pull a string attached to one of the targets, it's your job to hit the right one and I expect your accuracy to remain." I explained and she pulled a few kunai from her the holster on her leg.

"Got it" I motioned for Kisame to step back and he complied, moving farther from our training area.

"Also a reminder that this is only the first exercise, we don't have the luxury to use more than a few days for a training."