Chapter 44: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Alright so here is the second filler. Next up is Hidan and Kakuzu VS Team 10 and Kakshi. 

I will say now that Arc will take extra time and care for a number of reasons. Most of which I'm sure you all know. 

But some questions that have been asked since the beginning will soon be answered. So look forward to that!

So here we go!

**

Itachi

Deidara had returned with Rin not long after they had left. When he had returned with her unconscious I had nearly knocked out Deidara in return. The dark chakra had yet to fully clear from her room so she had to stay in mine which I knew she'd probably be annoyed by. I was setting a glass of water on the nightstand just as Rin's eyes fluttered open.

"Rin" She held up a hand as she slowly sat up.

"Are you..." She shoved me aside when she slid off the bed and dashed to the bathroom. I sighed as I pushed off my cloak and followed. I turned on the light and walked to Rin, stepping behind her. She slapped away my hand when I reached for her.

"I-I don't need your..." But she couldn't finish the sentence as her shoulders heaved and she turned back to the toilet. I reached forward again and this time she let me pull her hair from her face to tie it back. I heard her sniffle and she wiped her eyes before sitting up. She reached for the counter and I moved to help her up only for her to shove me again.

"I don't need y-your help" She said shortly. I stepped back as she shakily got to her feet and managed to get to the sink and rinse out her mouth.

"There's water on the..."

"Just leave me alone!" She shouted and I watched as she stumbled out of the bathroom.

"You're finally up Princ-"

"Shut up Kisame" She snapped and I flinched when the door slammed shut.

"What has her so worked up?" He asked.

"The consequences of this life" I replied.

"She chose it" He reminded.

"No, my actions led her to this. Rin is too gentle for a life as a criminal"

"So are you, you're just better at hiding it" I saw the reflection of my Sharingan in his eyes and he glanced away.

"Rin is exactly like you, you've said it yourself. You also make it too obvious that you care for your sister still. A cold-hearted killer wouldn't reach out to her like this, I should know"

"Then what do you suggest? That I allow her to destroy herself" I argued and he shrugged.

"You did with Sasuke. I honestly don't see the difference"

"Sasuke needs Rin's light" I replied. I needed Rin's light. I needed Rin to survive so that I could survive so that Sasuke could survive so that our clan, our legacy would survive.

"Siblings, I'll never understand it" I raised an eye as he opened the door.

"Leader hasn't given us a new assignment."

"I know, but we are partners. If you're distracted by Rin while we're in the field that put's my ass on the line and I refuse to die because you're too concerned about your little family of psychos"

Rin

I felt sick and not just from the hangover. That pain in the sand village. The suddenness of it all, I did blackout but there was no dream that I could remember. Nothing and that's all it was for a few hours, but it hadn't taken long to piece it together. After throwing up all that alcohol and getting a moment alone in the training room I had figured it out. When I reached out for that line, that line, that connection we've had since the day I met Gaara I felt nothing. I couldn't sense him anymore. Our connection was severed through a surprisingly painful separation. The second scream, the one I thought was in my head I now realized had belonged to Gaara. He felt it too and could probably feel it now, that our connection was gone. I had felt alone before, but this was different.