Chapter 56: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note: 

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been so absent. I've run into some trouble in my personal life and presently don't have constant access to the internet. 

So updates will come a little slower, but I promise they will keep coming!

Now I would like to thank everyone who contributed Dark Jutsu!!! They are all fabulous and deadly and I promise they will all be used in due time. 

Also, bit by bit we are coming to a close for the three-tails arc!!!

Which means the long-awaited Itachi Pursuit Arc. I have big, big, big things planned for Rin and I am very excited for you all to read the upcoming arc. :D 

But for now please enjoy the last few chapters of the three-tails arc :) 

As always I look forward to your comments. :D

**

Kakashi

Rin was desperately confused, and I knew she'd feel guilty for the katana in my stomach. At the time it was the only way I could think of to get her to snap out of it. I could feel her fingers trembling as she healed the wound, her katana tossed somewhere on the field. She had told the others to clear the perimeter since the mist left behind from dark chakra would take some time to fade.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I asked and she met my gaze.

"Standing on that cliff" She motioned towards one across the lake.

"Then nothing" She explained.

"I can't remember anything, Kakashi what if I killed someone?" I noticed the panic returning in her, her breathing becoming faster and the shakiness in her hands was more noticeable. I put my hand over hers and she tensed. The green glow faded as I sat up and pulled her into my arms.

"It'll be okay" I assured her.

"Just breathe" She nodded slowly and pulled away only when her breathing slowed.

"I-I need to pull the dark chakra from Ino and Tenten" She said quickly and I nodded. I got to my feet, the area she had healed was still sore but other than that there was no danger.

"They won't be far from here, you'll have to follow me" I told her as she got up. I noticed her sway and reached out catching her as she teetered forward.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she took a moment before standing straight.

"I-I'll be fine, let's just go" She said firmly.

"What about your katana?" I asked but she turned her back from the field.

"What about it" She replied and I sighed as I went to pick it up.

"I don't want it Kakashi"

"You need it and you know it" I argued.

"But I hurt you with it!" She screamed and I stopped.

"I hurt you with it, and for all, I know I hurt any of the others! I can't remember anything from the past few hours, hours Kakashi! Not a few minutes, not a few seconds but hours against my comrades" Her voice broke at the end as she pushed back her hair.

"My friends" She said quietly. I walked up to her and slid her katana into her belt.

"Naruto knew it wasn't you, Sakura knew too, they all know you'd never do this" I said confidently. She looked around at the black marks on the trees, at the dead grass, and finally at me.