Chapter 13

Author's Note:

I figured that there was no need to drag this on any longer so I might as well get to the point where she makes it to the WWE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next several months, The Shield blazed a path of destruction throughout the WWE in the name of justice. They also did that with NXT.

After "kidnapping" Kristie, the guys beat the crap out of her fellow wrestler, Corey Graves, whom she never liked, & Seth even competed in a lumberjack match against him where it looked like he was going to lose, but Dean & Roman helped him out by beating up the other guys surrounding the ring.

Kristie, of course, stayed quiet on her Shield experience. Despite other stars like Paige & Summer Rae wanting her to spill the beans, Kristie was not willing to talk because of the reason why the guys had "kidnapped" her in the first place.

However, things were about to change.

First, Kristie suffered a bad hamstring injury in a match against Sasha Banks which kept her out for a few weeks. She was very bummed out about it.

Then it got worse.

While recovering from her injury, Kristie had gotten a call from her mother Michelle telling her that her grandmother had suffered a massive stroke. She managed to get time off & went back to New York to be with her family.

While there, Michelle went to the doctor after finding a small lump in her right breast. She hoped that it was nothing, but it wasn't.

It was breast cancer, & it broke Kristie's heart, but at least one good thing came out of it.

Michelle had caught it early so treating it wasn't going to be as bad as everyone had feared it would be. She then underwent a double mastectomy as well as reconstructive surgery.

The combination of her injury & family illnesses had resulted in Kristie losing touch with Dean Ambrose with the two having last seen each other at her father's restaurant in Three Rivers before an episode of Monday Night Raw in New York City the following evening. He came with Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns with Kristie introducing the other 2 to Jenna, RJ, and her parents. All three Vanetti kids even got pose for a picture with The Shield.

Now Kristie was dealing with a hamstring injury, her grandmother being sick, & her mother undergoing radiation & chemotherapy.

During that time though, she did try to find time to date just to keep her mind off of everything, but it was just too hard. Most of the guys she dated were idiots that her friends tried to set her up with.

Also none of them were Dean, who Kristie found out was dating a WWE personality named Renee Young.

After a while, Kristie decided to stop dating & focus on what was important, which at that moment was her family.

After a span of two & a half years, her grandmother passed away, but her mother got through the cancer & had received a clean bill of health. Kristie now felt free resume her wrestling career.

When she returned to NXT a month after her mother's last doctor's appointment, she felt like she was starting over again from scratch, but it proved to be worth it as she finally won the NXT women's title a year after she had come back.

That caught the attention of Shane McMahon.

He had been interested in her ever since he had returned to the WWE after being away for 7 years. He thought that once he had control of Monday Night Raw, he would sign her.

He would get that chance, but only after he became the commissioner of Smackdown Live.

He was watching footage of Kristie he had found on YouTube when SDLive's GM, retired WWE world champion Daniel Bryan, came into his office.

"What are you looking at, Shane?" asked Daniel. "Someone that I want on Smackdown Live," said Shane who then turned his laptop around.

Daniel was intrigued by the pretty woman on the screen who pulled off a move similar to Dean Ambrose's signature move, the Dirty Deeds, in the video.

Then he realized who she was.

"You want to sign Kristie V to Smackdown?" asked Daniel referring to her by her ring name. Shane nodded.

"Think about it, DB. We have a good women's division set up. I think she can make it great," said Shane. Daniel nodded.

"You want to call her?" asked Daniel. Shane nodded & picked up the phone.

Shane talked with Kristie for a couple of hours & was very impressed by her. He then asked the most important question of all. The one she had been waiting for ever since she was a little girl watching pro wrestling with her dad.

"Want to be a part of the WWE, Kristie?" he asked. The next thing he heard was silence.

Then came the excited response.

"YES!!!!" she cried out.

"Welcome to Smackdown Live! We can't wait to see you," said a smiling Shane who then hung up.

He felt like he had just hit the jackpot.

Meanwhile, Kristie felt like her dream had finally come true.

=======================================

A couple of weeks after Shane McMahon's phone call, Kristie was in Los Angeles to meet with him & make everything official. After signing the contract & going home to Florida, there were some things that she had to consider as she drove from Tampa to Orlando to meet some people at the WWE's Performance Center.

Kristie wondered if she had to move again. She had been living in Tampa for almost six years & had loved it, but it really wasn't home.

As she got to the Performance Center, she was eager to see who she would meet.

The first person she saw was someone she hadn't seen or talked to in a couple of years.

Dean Ambrose.