Part Eighteen

Dan's P.O.V

The clock struck six so I shook Phil gently. He did start to stir but squeezed his eyes shut once again. "PHIL WAKE UP," I screamed making Phil jump. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "Why." He croaked in his morning voice which was so incredibly cute. "It is Christmas." Enthusiasm seeping into my words. "It Is.... Come on present time." Grabbing my hand he pulled me out of the fort that was still securely held up. "Okay but yours first." I carried Phil's presents from under the tree to where he was perched on the couch. "Here sweetie."  He wrapped the paper off of the first present. His eyes closed and his hand was placed over his face. "Dan, really?" He giggled slightly and tugged the jacket over his tousled hair. "I Feel Like you," he said glancing down at himself. A giggle escaped from my lips. "Unwrap the other one that is the proper presentation." I pointed at the box on his lap. "Really okay." He tore at the paper until the top was showing. "Awh Danny you got me Death Note, thank you so much." I was pulled into his arms, the jacket scratching at my skin but I didn't mind. He pulled away and grabbed my hands "I will be right back with your sweetie." He plodded along the hallway and into his room. I wondered what he got me I noticed yesterday the massive box wrapped up in his room, but I hoped that he didn't go over the limit. 

Phil's P.O.V

This is it I was not as nervous as I thought just more worried that he would say no. I carried the box out into the living room and placed it down carefully in front of Dan. "Phil what did you do?" He asked flabbergasted. "Just open it!" I gigged as he hacked at the paper. He unwrapped lord of the rings. "Phil thankyou but the others?"

"Just little things." He yanked at each individually wrapped box stacking them in equal piles at the side. "Is it all Maltesers?" He questioned as the box got emptier. "No but leave the smallest til' last." "Okay????...." He carried on until one was left in the bottom. My heart started to race and my palms started ti sweat. "So they are not all maltesers he joked as he picked up the last one. He pecked me on the lips before destroying the thin layer of paper off of the box revealing the velvet coating. "What is it?" He turned to me box still closed in one hand. A thought came into my head and I bent down on one knee to 'start picking up the paper' "Open it and see!" I giggled as I grabbed some paper off the floor. I heard the box click and I knew there was no turning back now. At that moment the apartment went pitch black. "What is it, Phil?" Dan whined. "Just wait for me to find some candles. "Okay let me help." He jumped up and entwined our fingers.

"Here Are the candles," Dan said walking over "I have the matches come on let's go to the living room." I struck a match, and the fame started flickering due to my heavy shaking. "Here let me help." Dan breathed as he placed his hand on top of mine steading the flickering flame. The candles were filling the room with scents of cookies and cream, also lighting Dan's face in the most heavenly way. He grabbed the box once again whilst I was inhaling the magical scent. "PHIL WHAT IS THIS!" He squealed causing me to snap out of my cookie paradise. "Oh," I whispered to my self. Kneeling down I grabbed one of Dan's hands.

"Well Dan, we have been through a lot together, through thick and thin we have still come out on top. The first time your warm chestnut eyes looked into my heart melted and that feeling has not fading not even slightly. And every time you smile because of something I said it makes me feel ecstatic. Especially your dimple it accents your cheek oh so well and I don't know what I would do if you stopped smiling because I would miss your beautiful smile. The first time we met in that train station I knew I wanted to be with you and right now I want nothing more than to be with you for the rest of my life. So Daniel James Howell Will You Marry Me? " I felt my eyes close and tighten scared of the result.

"Phil......"

"Dan?" 

"No!"

Worry and Regret flew around my body and pain from knowing my mistake and knowing Dan would be going leaving me alone in this flat.

"Let me finish, Of course, nothing in the world would make me happier than being yours and being able to hold you in my arms whenever I please so yes Philip Michael Lester yes I will. 

I slid the ring onto his dainty finger and he joined me on the floor by the candle light. "This is such a perfect day." I breathed looping my arms around him snuggling close. "I Love You Dan" I finsihed. "I Love You Too Phil."