Part Three

Dan's P.O.V

Deciding to take the route past the hippo's, we made our way down towards the flamingos. We noticed that the further we went the larger the crowds grew, what was going on? As the throngs of people got more condensed Phil reached out and linked his hand with mine, I gripped onto it tightly and didn't let go. Was this actually happening or was this all in my head? I felt the butterflies fluttering in my tummy when he didn't let go of my hand.  Weaving our way in between the flock of people that were gathered like sheep we finally came to a stopping point were Phil pulled me into a building. 

Phil's P.O.V

Realising that we would be separated in the audience gathering round, I reached back and clasped his warming hand. Happy that he didn't pull away, I began leading us through the crowds towards a building that looked less busy. I let go of Dan's hand as we made our way past the plastic sheets covering the second doorway. I observed our surroundings, we were in the butterfly paradise. 

Dan's P.O.V

Once I had taken in the environment, I instantly paled. BUTTERFLIES! My stomach churned in deep set fear. I shut my eyes tightly, closing out the world, My fear overtook me. I felt my palms dampen with perspiration and the rest of my body freeze up. After zoning out for a minute, I came to the realisation that Phil had carried on ahead. I darted across the short distance between us and I wrapped my arms around him, burying my head into his back. He abruptly stopped and turned. 

Phil's P.O.V

I suddenly felt Dan wind his arms around me, nuzzling into my back.  "D...Dan... what is wrong?" I exclaimed turning to face him, worry leaking into my features. "B...butterflies!" A muffled response came from Dan who was now burrowed against my chest. "Huh... butterflies? What about them Dan?" 

"P...phil, b..bbbutterflies, they're scary!" he whimpered clutching onto my t-shirt. Glancing at the brunette boy who had unshed tears welling in his eyes, "Here take my hand, keep your eyes closed, we will be out of here in no time, ok?"  Entwining our fingers together, waiting until he squeezed his eyes shut to begin leading him out of his little nightmare.