~22~ Oh Crap... I Think I Like the Guy I Hate

hey guys

i wasnt going to publish this chapter yet cos i hadnt edited it

but then i was lyk, mite as well so here it is

Oh Crap... I Think I Like the Guy I Hate

Chapter 22

Vincent gave his name to the waiter, who bowed and led us to our table. I sat down and looked around; we easily had the best spot.

'Wow, how did you get this table?' I asked, while looking around.

Vincent shrugged, 'my mum's new boyfriend owns this place.'

'Whoa. Slow down. What? Your mum has a boyfriend?'

'Yea, didn't I just say that? What did you think?' Vincent laughed.

'Dunno, isn't she a little too old?'

'Maybe, I guess you could say so, but she doesn't seem to think so and neither does Paul.' Vincent shrugged.

The waiter turned up and we ordered.

'So, is that why you guys moved back?' I asked, while taking a sip of my drink.

'Yea, partially, mum met him when we were on holidays; she found out that he lived here in Sydney, so we moved back, and anyway Lily wanted to move back anyway.'

'Oh,' was all I managed to say.

Lily was Vincent younger sister, she should be 13 this year, she has the same blond hair and blue eyes as Vincent.

Our food arrived then so our talking subdued so we could eat.

'So you and Kevin,' Vincent said conversationally.

'Yea,' I shrugged; it wasn't much of a deal.

Vincent nodded, 'I see then you guys have grown up a little.'

I laughed, 'you could say so.'

'Yes.'

We finished dinner and left- on the house-, when I stepped outside I shivered, it was cold. Vincent wrapped his arm around me.

'Cold?' he asked.

I nodded, 'yea, let's go.'

We walked over to his car and got in as he started the engine. We rode in silence until we were on the highway. Vincent looked over at me.

'You know...' Vincent trailed off.

'What?'

'Never mind, you'll get angry,' Vincent stared at the road.

'Aww, c'mon, Vincent, you can tell me,' I reassured him.

'Ok. Promise not to get angry,' he eyed me.

I nodded and smiled in encouragement.

'Well... um... I dunno how to say this.'

'Vincent! Spit it out.'

'Ok, ok. Well um I don't think that you and Kevin are such a great combination,' he said really fast.

My head snapped up, 'what?'

'Um, well I don't think that you and Kevin are so great together,' Vincent said nervously, I guess he knew that you don't want to cross me when I'm angry.

'What makes you say that,' I asked him emotionlessly.

'Aww, c'mon, Jas, we were great together.'

'Spot on, we WERE great together,' I emphasized the were. 'You're the one who run away.'

'Aww, don't be like that. I didn't run away, I told you before, and anyway, it's not like I had a choice, Mum just came home one night and told Lily and I to pack, cos we were leaving in hour, and the first thing I did was call you, remember?'

'Ok, fine you didn't run away, but still, you could have called, or emailed, but no you didn't.'

'Well I didn't have a choice, Mum was like, don't call or text of email anyone, otherwise Dad would track us down, no doubt.' Vincent said indignantly.

'Hmph.'

'C'mon Jasmine, give me another go. What do you say?' he asked.

'You want me to break up with Kevin to be with you?' I asked with incredulity.

'Yep, pretty much.'

'You're being ridiculous,' I replied.

Vincent leaned towards me, 'you know you still want me,' he said seductively, while staring at me with his piercing blue eyes.

I pushed him away, 'actually, I don't know that I know that,' I replied coldly.

'Jasmine, Jasmine, maybe this you will change your mind.'

He leaned in before I could comprehend what he just said, and kissed me. No way! Jasmine, you're with Kevin. I chastised myself. I pushed him away. As I heard honking. I looked up.

'LOOK OUT!' I screamed.