Chapter 36 - Locked.

Author's Note: I know this has been the most massive delay yet, but I am sure this chapter and the one following it will make it up to you.

Enjoy!  

Lizzie’s P.O.V:

It has only been three months, and my face is on every teen magazine. It’s official, I am Harry Styles’ new girlfriend, and I meant to say new since he has a ‘reputation’ with the dating area.

It’s almost like Harry had to announce it to every news entertainment channel that me and him were together. He told me that they even paid him money to simply say my name. The world was supposedly startled by my occupation, I surprisingly wasn’t a model. 

I was followed a couple of times by the paparazzi, but it wasn’t anything crazy. They just kept asking me questions that I didn’t answer. Not because I didn’t want to answer, but because the One Direction management almost ordered me to not say a word. ‘Everything you say will be held against you’ said their manager and I quote. I didn’t think it was absolutely necessary, but I wanted to stay away from as much trouble as possible.

My finals were only three weeks away from now, and after that the ultimate summer vacation is awaiting me. So far, I’ve maintained my honor role, and I was proud of myself for maintaining top grades knowing that my life took an unexpected turn. Despite the coming fame and the fact that I am in a relationship, those factors didn’t divert my attention away from what was truly my most important priority, which is to live up to my dream of becoming a successful doctor.

The boys weren’t currently on a tour, although they were working for interminable hours at several recording studios. The demand for their music was remarkable and the fans that they have are quite astonishing. Their careers were definitely on spot and they only keep improving. I can proudly say that I have finally been to their concerts, and properly, if you know what I mean. I have to say they exceeded my expectations, I genuinely enjoyed every single concert that I’ve been to and I even memorized the lyrics to their catchy songs! 

The cheers were insane, the fans were wild and the entire atmosphere was electrified. I was standing backstage to their charity concert at Oxford Street. I could say there were about 30,000 screaming girls, it was unbelievable. Danielle and Eleanor were standing right next to me dancing to the songs, and of course I was trying to dance with them. They were in the middle of What Makes You Beautiful and I was out of breath from jamming along. Then came Harry’s solo. The volume of the screams decreased radically once he started singing, not because of how good he was, but actually because he couldn’t sing. He was gasping for air cause of all the dancing and wasn’t able to sing the song properly. I kept my eyes on him, and I could see that he realized how he sounded. I kept my gaze hoping he would glance backstage, I thought I would cheer him on, but he never looked back. He just kept singing to the rest of the song. The girls commented on how he sang, and a lot of others that were backstage even passed some phrases. I didn’t see what the big deal was it wasn’t like he sounded horrible, the guy was simply out of breath.

What Makes You Beautiful was the finale of the concert, and the minute after the boys thanked the crowd and said their goodnights Harry was the first to storm off of the stage. I held on to his shoulder but he abruptly flicked my hand off and continued storming away. The boys tried to call him but he ignored and went away with no explanation. I immediately thought that he was feeling pissed off about the solo, it was evident in the way he avoided us all. “I think he’s annoyed about messing up at the end.” Niall stated, “It really wasn’t that bad, he really shouldn’t be hard on himself.” I added, defending him. “Talk some sense into him Lizzie, no one beats your charm,” winked Zayn, I giggled, “will do, come on let’s go.”