Chapter 5: Promise

Riley's POV

I cracked my eyes open to look at the time and saw I still had an hour to get ready. So I can take my time in the shower. And that is exactly what I did. I took time scrubbing every inch of my body. When I was done, I wrapped my towel around my body and stepped out of my bathroom. I walked over to my closet and threw on a big sweater and yoga pants. I proceeded to tie my hair in a sloppy ponytail. Deciding I look good enough to not be noticed, I dragged my feet to the kitchen.

Where my dad was...

"F-Father? What are you doing home?" I asked, confused.

He sneered, "Well, since my daughter has been a naughty girl and making friends, I'll have to drive you to school. If I see any of them talk to you, you'll be in trouble. Big trouble."

My face paled, "O-okay"

"Now eat your breakfast, girl. I don't have time." He rushed me to get my breakfast done. So I decided to skip breakfast, so he won't be screaming at me to hurry.

We got in the car and drove off. Actually my dad flew off down the road, narrowly missing other cars. I gripped the edge of my seat all the way to school, afraid that if I let go, I'd die.

We skidded to a stop right in front of the school. I surveyed the front of the school and sighed in relief when I didn't see Ashton or anyone in his group. I said a quick bye to my dad and ran to the front of the school, nearly tripping on my feet.

I checked to see if my father was gone, but he was slowly driving away. That's when I saw them in all their glory. My eyes widened when Ashton and my eyes connected. He gave me a crooked smile and started to walk towards me not noticing my dad watching him closely. I looked at my dad then at Ashton then at the school doors. I turned on my heels and ran to the doors, yanking them open and running to my locker.

I stuffed my things into the small locker before getting my books and rushing to my home room. But unfortunately, I ran straight into a wall... But it was moving... and soft...

I looked up and saw Ashton looking at me with an amused smile on his face, "What's the rush?" I blushed, saying a quiet sorry and then going off. But before I got anymore then a few steps, he took my hand, making me stop. My heart beating fast at the simple contact.

He leaned down until his breath tickled my ear. My eyes widened and my heart beating faster. If he doesn't stop, I might have a heart attack.

Then he whispered into my ear, "See you in class, Riley." Wow. His voice... so sexy... the way my name rolled off his tongue easily...

Snap out of it Riley. If Father found out... or if the spies... You have to go to class. Now.

I jerked away giving him a nervous smile before resuming my run to class, looking out for an audience that might have saw the Ashton move. Someone did. That someone, was Erin.

I burst into the classroom and made my way to the back seats. I sat in the corner trying to make myself invisible, but with no such luck because when Ashton sauntered in, he instantly strolled to my desk.

"Why'd you run all the way to class? You could have walked y'know", he drawled out. I shrugged before gazing out the window, trying to spot the spies. Oh how I just wish to be a normal teenage girl who's worries are on image and boys. I had to be the unluckiest child ever.

Ashton waved his hand in front of my face causing me to snapped out of my daze.

I gave him an irritated look, "Leave me alone"

Ashton rolled his eyes, "No, I don't think you want me to leave you alone." It's true. I don't really want him to leave.

I bit my lip and looked at him. He had a sexy smirk on his face as he stared at me. Wait. What? Did I just say his smirk is... sexy? I am going crazy. I can't have a boyfriend so I shouldn't lead him on... Unless he is a player. Unless to him I'm just a game, a bed warmer...