Chapter 51: Finally Mated

This is it guys! My first book is ending!

Thank you to Muskanmaldarr for the poster :)

Now I'm getting emotional.

;_;

~

Riley's POV

The Alphas, Betas, and Thirds came back the next day. Instead of resting after a long journey, they went to talk to Greg's family about joining the pack.

I have not got to see them because Ashton wanted to surprise his mother.

So I am sitting in the living room waiting for Hayley. Jessica had went to get her and from where I was, I could hear her complaining about how tired she was.

I heard multiple footsteps walking down and I realized that Jessica brought more than one person.

'It's okay, Riley.'

I yelped and shot Ashton a glare. He grinned at me innocently. I haven't gotten used to the mind link thing. We were quite surprised that a human could use the mind link.

"What is it, Jessica?" Hayley asked exhaustion evident in her voice.

"Just follow me, guys." Jessica called.

"Is there another rouge? There's another smell in the air. It smells like Ashton and-"

There was silence.

Then I heard hushed whispers. Then a loud scream. Then more thunderous footsteps.

The living room burst open making Ashton and I jump. Hayley, Terran, Spencer, and everyone else were here.

"Jessica," Ashton said, "I only said Mom."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Too bad. They were all there so they wanted to follow."

"Why only Hayley?" Spencer snapped. "How bout her brother?"

"I was going to tell you but you said you were busy with all that gang stuff." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry!" He said sarcastically. "It's hard work, assigning missions for murderers, spies, and thieves!"

Hayley was hyperventilating in the middle of the room. There was a mad grin on her face and Terran was trying to calm her down with soft words.

Then the girls began squealing like middle school girls and they sat in a circle around me.

"Are my grandchildren on their way?" Hayley asked excitedly.

Ashton chocked on his spit. "Mom, I don't think we're ready for children. Maybe in a few years."

Hayley pouted like a child. "Aww."

"I don't plan on sharing Riley any time soon." Ashton placed a light kiss on my temple and my heart rate increased.

"Aww." The girls and Jaimie cooed.

I raised an eyebrow at Jaimie and he blushed, ducking his head. "Sorry."

"You guys did use protection, right?" Justin asked, taking up the second brother title.

"Yup." I popped the 'p'.

"Yup as in, 'Yup, we forgot to use it' or 'Yup, we used it'?" Dennis asked.

Lucy and I rolled our eyes. "Idiot," Lucy muttered, "I'm dating an idiot."

Dennis mustn't have heard because he was still looking at me for an answer.

Jared, who was the closest to Dennis, smacked him upside his head. "Idiot," Jared repeated what Lucy said. "They did use it."

"Ow!" Dennis complained. "Could've just said that. Didn't need to hit me."