Chapter 32: Rouge Attack

Riley's POV

It was easy finding the battle. The gunshots and barks were so loud I could easily detect where it was coming from.

I peeked from behind a tree and my eyes widened at the number of wolves I saw.

I spotted Dennis covered in blood. He was still alive and shooting rouge after rouge. Not giving a second thought before firing. He nailed all of them in the head.

I aimed my gun at the closest rouge. I pulled the trigger, and got it in the stomach.

It yelped and snarled at me. Its hind legs tensed up to pounce but before it could, I shot it again. This time, getting it in the head.

I looked around for anyone in trouble.

I spotted a boy struggling to fight off two rouges. I went to him, shooting any rouges who got in my way. That alone took quite a long while.

When I reached him, one of the rouges noticed me and growled at me.

I pointed the gun at its head and shot it.

Then I was tackled to the ground by another wolf who'd snuck up from behind.

I spat the dirt out of my mouth and turned onto my back. I punched it in its muzzle and kicked it off of me.

I pointed my gun at it but realized that I didn't have gun. It had flew from my hand when it'd attacked me.

I reached into my boot and pulled my knife out.

The wolf circled me and I watched it wearily. It lunged and I sliced at it.

It dodged my blade and managed to nip my ankle. I stepped away but the wolf was faster and lunged again, pinning me under him.

I tried shaking him off but he was too heavy. His breath fanned over my face. I wrinkled my nose when I caught a whiff of it.

"Have you ever heard of a breath mint?" I asked, hoping I could buy myself time to think of a way to escape.

It curled its lip, showing off its yellow teeth.

I think I might've speeded my death because I could see that he was going for the kill.

I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for its disgusting teeth to pierce my skin.

Instead, the weight was suddenly gone. My eyes popped open and I surveyed my surroundings. I saw a wolf on the rouge that was originally on me.

The wolf tore the rouge's throat out, making the rouge shift back into a naked man.

The wolf turned to me and I immediately recognized its bright blue eyes.

"Ashton?"

He approached me and growled. Then he took my boot in between his teeth and tugged.

I grabbed my gun and followed him to the trees. He acted as my bodyguard, growling at anyone who got close. I helped him shoot rouges as I went.

We arrived at the trees and he shifted back into his human.

"I told you to stay in the house. What are you doing here?" He hissed.

"Don't worry Ashton, your pack is safe." I turned to go back into the fight, but he caught my wrist before I could go far.

"And where do you think you are going?"

"To help." I said in a 'duh' voice.

"You can't go back in there!" He exclaimed. "You'll get yourself killed."