Chapter 6: Bodyguard

Riley's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned loudly. I looked to my bed stand and saw that Father would be home soon! I got off my bed and and ran down to the kitchen. Quickly ordering Chinese food, while setting the table for Father.

At the moment I set his rice down, Dad barged into the kitchen announcing his presence. "Where's the food?" He demanded, his eyes searching for the sign of food. He sat on the dining chair and stuffed his face with food.

"So... Did you get rid of the boy?"He eyed me suspiciously.

I gulped and got out, "Yeah. I am sure he won't bother me anymore." He nodded and went back on chowing down his food. I went up to my room and started to do my homework.

"Riley!" I flew down the steps and into the kitchen, only to stop in front of my dad. "Come here, Riley." He said sternly. I walked over slowly and stopped in front of him.

He leaned down to my eye level and smirked, "How's your bruise, Riley? Is it healing any better? Better go check, it being under all that concealer." Whilst talking, he poked the bruise. I had to make my hands into fists to keep me from screaming at him.

I stayed rooted on the spot with him staring at me, with an eyebrow raised, "What are you still doing here? I told you to go check it!" He punched me in the gut and I doubled over gasping.

"There might be another bruise there as well." He walked off chuckling. "And Riley, I'll be bringing you to see my buddies tomorrow night."

I stared after him. His 'buddies' are probably a bunch of horny men. I shuddered, walking to my room. I went into my bathroom to wash my face and whilst washing, I thought about how my father was before everything happened.

*Flashback*

A little girl with pigtails and her brother were running around the grassy fields screaming and laughing. Their parents were chuckling behind them.

Then the little girl stopped suddenly causing her brother to crash into her, making them fall over. Then, they rolled around on the grass, both in a giggling mess.

The eleven year old boy got up and held his hand out for his sister, "Hey Panda, you okay?"

She took his hand and got up, giving him a bright smile, "Yeah."

Her mother walked up to them and said gently, "Riley, Spencer, come, let's head home. It's almost past your bed time."

Riley had a disappointed look on her face when she heard what her mother said, "Now?"

Her mother nodded, "We'll grab some ice-cream on the way home. How about that?"

Riley's face lit up immediately, "Yes! Quick, let's go before they close! Come on, Moose!" Riley began to drag Spencer away from the field towards her dad. "Hey Daddy! We are going to get ice-cream! Want one?"

Her father looked at her softly, "It's fine, Riley. I'm already full."

"Can I have yours?" I asked.

"You know, Panda, if you eat a lot of ice-cream, you'd get really round and fat?" Spencer said in a voice full of knowledge. Riley looked down, lifted her shirt, patted her slightly round stomach and grinned.

"Is getting fat wrong?" She asked, dumbfounded. Spencer started laughing loudly.

"There is nothing wrong with being fat, Riley." Her dad said walking next to her, amused. "But if you were, you'd be my fat princess."

Riley smiled, "Can we get ice-cream now?"

Her mother appeared beside her instantly, grabbing her hand, "Yes, yes, let's go."