Chapter 2: My Little Mate

Ashton's POV

I found her. I have finally found her.

I started towards her but was stopped by Brandon. I growled at him to let me go, but he only shook his head and said, "Let her settle in first. Don't want to frighten her away on the first day now do we?"

My response was to glare at the ground then look up to continue to stare at my mate. She seem to have finally found what she was looking for and pushed open the office door. Disappearing from my sight. I sighed and walked to my home room with Mr. Lopez.

-

Riley's POV

I made my way through the crowds of people, having the feeling that I was being watched. I decided to ignore the feeling and push the office door. The secretary looked up from whatever she was doing and smiled, "Are you new here?"

"Yeah my name's Riley Thompson."

"Okay let me get your schedule, locker number and the school map. Then you'll be good to go!"

'She seems cheery', I thought bitterly.

"Here you go!" She handed me a few papers.

"And your home room teacher is Mr. Lopez! I hope you'll make a lot of friends here! Bye!" She called out with a big smile as I walked off.

I checked to see that my locker number is 122 and I took out the school map to try to navigate my way around. Remember I said try.

While I was walking, I crashed into something making me fall on my butt and my papers to fly everywhere. Some people nearby snickered at my clumsiness and I blushed beat red.

"Are you okay?"

I tilted my head backwards to see a beautiful dirty blonde haired girl looking down at me with worry filled brown eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine", I mumbled. Starting to pick up my scattered papers.

She squatted down and helped my pick up my papers, "My name is Carly. Are you new here? What's your name?"

"Riley", I whispered.

"Oooo that's a pretty name. what grade are you?" She bombarded me with question after question but I just ignored her. Suddenly, my papers were snatched out of my hands.

"Hey!"

Carly looked at my schedule and said, "You have math, PE, and art with me. But not the same home room teacher. Come on I'll show you where your locker is."

We walked down the hall and finally reached my new locker. I quickly spin the lock and stuff my things in. I barely got to close my locker when I was yanked away by my arm. For a small girl, Carly really had a lot of strength.

We pulled to a stop in front of a door and she turned to me saying, "Nice meeting you Riley! I'll see you in art!"

And she sped off down the hallway.

She is a such a weird girl.

I turned to the door and took a deep breath before I pushed the door open. I peeked inside looking around and stepped in, closing the door quietly behind me. I walked up to the teacher's desk and cleared my throat to get his attention.

His head snapped up and he said, "Name?"

"Riley Thompson"

He nodded and gestured around the class, "Sit wherever you want."

I silently nodded and went to the back of the room. As I was unpacking, I saw a brunette boy get up from his desk, collected his things and set them on the desk next to mine. He turned to look at me, cleared his throat and held up a hand for me to shake.