Chapter 24: Shopping Time!

Riley's POV

We piled out of the van and walked to the mall's entrance.

"Remind me why we are here so early?" Jaimie asked, rubbing his eye and yawning.

"Because I want to get to all the shops before it closes." Lucy chirped, swinging her and Dennis's hands.

"If you want to cover most of the mall, let's split into pairs or something." Ben suggested.

"I'm with Riley and Dennis," Lucy said grabbing my arm.

Spencer, Ben and Cole were a group and Jaimie and Jared paired up.

"Meet in front of Pizza Hut at 12, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, let's go!" Lucy dragged us away.

"I'm not carrying the bags," Dennis stated.

"Oh, I'll make you carry them." Lucy said letting out a sinister chuckle.

"Whatever you say."

•••A couple stores later•••

"My arms are sore," Dennis complained for the hundredth time. There were many bags on his arms and his arms looked like it was turning purple.

"Suck it up Dennis. Be a man," I chided. Dennis checked the clock that was hanging nearby.

"It's twelve! Let's go to the food court! I'm so hungry!" Dennis licked his lips as he thought of food.

"Yeah, my stomach has been complaining for a while now." Lucy agreed.

We made our way to Pizza Hut and waited outside. Once everyone was here, we went to get seated.

A waitress came to our table and began eye raping the boys. However, when her eyes landed on Dennis, she licked her lips and turned the flirt on.

"So what can I get for you today?" She purred, her eyes roaming Dennis's body. Lucy stiffened next to me, obviously noticing the attention that was on Dennis.

"Can we get three Hawaiian and three Pepperoni?" Dennis asked flashing the waitress a smile. I raised my eyebrows at him, surprised that he did not notice his fuming girlfriend next to him.

The waitress wrote down our orders, said, "Be right back," and went away.

"She was friendly," Dennis said leaning back. He smiled at Lucy but it immediately turned into a frown when he saw her scowl.

"What's wrong Luce?"

"What's wrong?" Lucy repeated in disbelief. "I can't believe I'm dating a boy that can see but is blind. What's wrong is that that girl is flirting shamelessly with you."

Dennis stared at her, shock written all over his face, "She was flirting with me?"

"Of course, Dennis, you flirt all the time, shouldn't you know what flirting sounds like?" Lucy asked grinding her teeth together.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice. Please forgive me, babe." Dennis asked pouting. I could tell Lucy was already softening. "I never meant to make you upset." Dennis said sliding closer to her.

"Well you did." Lucy muttered.

"And I'm sorry." Dennis continued, placing his head on her shoulder and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Lucy leaned her head on his and groaned, "You aren't making this easy for me."

"You never made anything easy for me." Dennis said softly, "Remember when I'd ask you out and you'd reject me every single time?"