Chapter 25: Aliens Eat McDonalds

Riley's POV

I have no idea why, but I woke up at 1 in the morning. I had only got 3 hours of sleep. I tried falling asleep again but failing miserably.

Finally, I decided to go get something to eat, just for the fun of it.

I trudged down the narrow hallway quietly and went to the kitchen. I picked an apple off the fruit basket and bit into it.

"Hey."

I spun around quickly. Jaimie stood in the doorway half naked. His blonde hair was tousled showing that he had just got out of bed. Everything about him screamed tired. Everything except his eyes. They were alert and wide.

"What's up? Can't sleep?" I asked as I took a bite of the apple.

"Yeah."

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked.

"Sure, let me go change out if this."

I went to my room to change. I picked out some yoga pants and a loose shirt. I threw on the first hoodie I touched and shoved my gun in the pocket. I quickly threw my eaten apple into the garbage can and went to the big room.

I spotted Jaimie waiting near the door that lead upstairs. I jogged to him and we went up the steps together. We stepped out into the open air and I took in a deep breath.

"Got your gun?" Jaimie asked quietly like he didn't want to disturb the peacefulness.

"Yeah, you?"

He patted his pocket and we strolled into the forest. We didn't say anything. There wasn't much to say anyways.

When we were deep into the forest, we heard a twig snap. We froze.

"Did you hear that?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah."

Jaimie slowly slid his hand into his pocket and I did the same.

We were walking slowly now. Cautious of what was following close behind.

Another twig snapped and Jaimie spun around, took out his gun and began firing into the darkness.

He paused and waited. Nothing moved.

Then there was a soft whimper.

I looked at Jaimie before taking out my own gun. It was heavy in my hand but I managed to hold it up like Spencer taught me.

Jaimie quietly told me to wait as he went to check what it was. I did as he said and waited.

"Riley, come here."

I crept to where Jaimie was and gasped. There was a man who was sitting on the ground. He held his side where there was blood oozing out. He smelt horrible like he has never had a shower in his life.

"Who are you?" I asked holding my gun up.

The guy looked up. "Who are you?" He asked me. "Is that gun filled with silver bullets? My wound hurts more than usual and I'm not healing as fast."

"Don't answer my question with a question." I snapped.

"Both of you don't smell like werewolves. So you are hunters? No. You can't be. I would already be dead." He mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Jaimie asked. "Are you a werewolf?"

"Do you think a human can do this?" A low rumbling sound echoed around us.

"Don't werewolves travel together?" Jaimie asked his face scrunched in confusion.

"Yes, but I am a rouge. A lone wolf. I was actually sent here to look for the Alpha's son's mate." The rouge said. "I am supposed to find out who she is and tell my alpha so we can capture her and make their pack weak."