Chapter 46: Answers

Riley's POV

Waking up was the best feeling ever. Ashton's arms were wrapped tightly around me, making our chests flush against each other.

The memory of last night flashed through my mind. Ashton was saying something... What did he say? I'll ask him later.

Then I felt him stirring. His arms tensed and his eyebrows furrowed. He opened an eye and it zeroed in on my face. Then he opened the other one and smiled at me. "Morning beautiful." His husky voice sent shivers down my spine.

I groaned. "Keep quiet. You're ruining the silence." I slapped my hand around his face in a pathetic attempt on keeping him quiet.

I heard a deep chuckle and a large hand grabbed mine. Ashton gently pried my hand away from his face. He lightly brushed his lips over my knuckles while I stared at him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked quietly.

"Why would I feel any different?" I asked. What did we do last night that he needed to ask me how I was?

"...We didn't finish the... you know what, right?"

Ashton's face was one of amusement. "I wish."

I scrunched my nose in disgust and placed my hand back on his face, gently shoving it away. "Get your mind out of the gutter. Pervy boy." I muttered.

"But you love me." Ashton added.

"I never said I did." I retaliated.

"You will, soon."

•••

The day I was released from the hospital, I was happily jumping up and down on my bed.

I don't know how long the grumpiness lasts for, buy I think it's around a week. Like a girl's period.

I still have some marks from the war... and Ashton.

He was being patient with me, explaining the consequences of getting marked. I hate it. It's like having an extra week of periods.

Hayley and Spencer nearly fainted when they saw the mark on my neck. Both for different reasons. Spencer nearly killed Ashton if not for the multitude of werewolves there. Hayley gushed over the fact that I had was bitten... by her son.

Cole has also been released from the hospital. We finally told him about Ben and he yelled at us for the longest time. All we could do was bow our heads sadly. Then after the shouting, he went silent, grieving the loss of our friend and leader. He didn't talk much after that. In fact, he hasn't spoken a word to any of us but locked himself up in his room.

I am going to ask Paul questions today. I slowly trudged to the trees where the cells were situated. I gripped the gun in my hand tightly. I approached the small shack, where two guards were standing on each side of the door.

They opened the door for me and I gave them a small wave and slipped past them. I made my way down the dimly lit stairs that lead me deep into the earth. I hopped off the last step and saw the cells that seemed to never end.

After going through five cells with no luck, I found Paul slouched in the corner. His head lifted when he heard my footsteps stop.

His eyes met mine and a smirk wiggled onto his dirty face. "Well, Riley! What a surprise!" He spat with feign enthusiasm. "What brings you here?"

I began saying something when he interrupted me. "Wait, wait, wait. Don't tell me. Let me guess. Are you here to ask about your dream with your mother?" I froze, making his smirk widen. "I know more than you think, dear. You are underestimating me."