Chapter 35: Mall Attack

Riley's POV

I sat on the kitchen's island, watching Jaimie and Dennis wrestle for the last Hershey's chocolate.

"Give it to me!" Jaimie yelled, reaching out a stretched arm for the chocolate that Dennis was stuffing his face into.

"Never!" Dennis said in between bites. He held the chocolate at arms length away from Jaimie.

Sophie came in laughing with Brandon but she was cut off when she saw the scene in front of her.

"Um... Riley, do you mind explaining the picture?" She asked, motioning with her hands.

"Candy," Was all I had to say for her to nod her head in understanding.

Then she jumped onto the space next to me while Brandon sat beside her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and she instinctively leaned into him. "So how goes the mating process?"

"Why does everyone want to know about that?" I asked. Six people have already asked me the same question.

"Well, Hayley has always wanted a human daughter-in-law and when Ashton had first shared about you, she will not keep it down. She would go on about how her grandchildren would be like. So people are now pressuring you into completing the mating process with Ashton." Sophie concluded.

"So everyone would be watching my every move?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes," She nodded firmly. "You are now on the hot seat. If Hayley pays a lot of attention to you, the whole pack will. Trust me, I've been there, being the future Luna and all."

Brandon chuckled. "I remember that. You were so flustered."

"I wasn't used to it." Sophie said.

I then noticed Dennis and Jaimie sitting on the floor watching us. Each of them was holding chocolate and looking at us in disapproval.

"What happened to the chocolate?" I asked them.

"We have came to a conclusion to share it." Dennis said with a mouthful.

"And I don't think having children at such an early age is good for you." Jaimie continued.

"And because you will be getting more attention, does that mean that you won't be spending time with us?" Dennis asked.

I smiled affectionately at both of them. "I would never forget you guys. You are my friends."

"Notice how she didn't say best friend?" Lucy asked walking in the kitchen. "Because that spot is already taken by me."

Lucy went to Dennis and took a bite out of his chocolate.

"Hey!"

"I love you too." Lucy kissed Dennis's cheek.

"Sometimes, I think you are only dating me for the food I get." He mumbled.

"Anyways," Lucy turned to me. "Wanna come shopping?"

"Sure." I hopped off the island. "I could do some walking."

"I want to come too!" Sophie said.

"Then we might as well get Carly and Sarah." Lucy said.

"They're coming." Sophie said before Lucy could call them down. "I used the pack link."

Lucy nodded, looking creeped out. She shook her head, dismissing her thoughts. "This is an only girls shopping. No guys allowed."

"What?" Dennis and Brandon said in sync.

"Sorry," Lucy shrugged, not sorry at all. "Girls need their personal time with their friends."