Chapter 11: Club

Ashton's POV

"Why did you want to talk to Riley?"

"Why can't we?"

"You don't answer a question with a question."

"Well I believe I just did."

I gave Sarah an annoyed look, "Never mind."

We had just arrived home and I tried to talk to both Sophie and Carly but they pretended to ignore me. So I managed to corner Sarah. But being the stubborn dog she was, I did not make any progress.

As I passed the kitchen, I heard murmuring inside. I did not want to eavesdrop on their conversation, but when someone on the other side mentioned the words, "Hell's Angels", I was against the door with my ear pressed against it. With their soft talking, a normal human wouldn't be able to hear. There are perks of being a werewolf.

Their conversation sounded like this:

Guy #1: "Did you hear about Hell's Angels?"

Guy #2: "No, what about them?"

Guy #1: "Heard that people hire them to murder and spy."

Guy #2: "They must be some hardcore gang, huh?"

Guy #1: "Yeah. I've also heard that they're really slippery. Police have been trying to catch them for a long time. I think I read on the newspapers that the age range is around 13 and above. Some people say their leader has killed at the age of 10 because."

Guy #2: "Poor guy. His innocence taken away from such a young age."

Guy #1: "Yeah. They have been doing vandalism, street fights, dealing drugs, and murder."

Guy #2: "I wonder where their hideout is..."

Guy #1: "That's what the police are trying to find, their hideout."

That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun on my heel to face Erin. She fluttered her fake eyelashes at me.

"Long time no see Ashton", She said trying to sound seductive but instead sounded desperate.

I barely gave her a glance when I said, "Sure."

She huffed, but tried again by dragging her finger down my arm. "Wanna go have some fun?" She purred.

"No thanks... Excuse me", I pushed past her and to the stairs two at a time.

I quietly closed my bedroom door and slopped to my bed. Wasn't Hell's Angels on Justin cast...? If he said he was a spy and assassin... could he... but that's not possible...

I pondered on the question that was running around my head. Could Justin be one of their assassins? I finally concluded that I'd need more evidence.

I heard a knock on my door and shouted to the person that the door was open. My mom's head came into view.

I sat up and gave her a suspicious look, "What's up mom?"

She looked at me and pointed to herself innocently, "Oh me?"

I nodded.

She gave me a big smile, "Oh nothing. Nothing's 'up'." She even did air quotes.

"Sure..." I said patiently waiting for her to continue.

Suddenly she asked, "Has Riley warmed to you yet?"

I expected that question to come from my mother's mouth soon. "I don't think so..." I said quietly. "But I promise that she'll be home within at most two months."