Chapter 10: Bathroom Problems

Riley's POV

It can't be. Justin can't be from Hell's Angels. No way...

"Riley?"

I blinked and looked at Ashton, worry written all over his face.

"Yes?" I asked almost mechanically.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale." Sophie said.

"I-I'm fine. Don't worry about it", I took in a shaky breath and gave them what I hope was a steady smile. I jumped when I felt a hand enveloped mine. I looked up and my eyes met Ashton's.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He murmured quietly.

"She said she was fine", Justin said, eyes narrowing at Ashton. Then he put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly. Suddenly I felt the blood that came back to my face drain again. Nothing mattered except the hand that was on my shoulder.

I cleared my throat and shrugged Justin's hand off my shoulder. I slipped my hand out of Ashton's grasp too. I said a quick excuse and power walked out of the cafeteria.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face quickly but as I was washing, I remembered that I had a bruise on my cheek. My eyes widened and I looked at my reflection. Too late. The concealer was already washed off, revealing the nasty bruise. I groaned. How am I going to conceal it now? I know that the hallway is packed with people, so I can't get out. I'm trapped.

The bathroom door creaked open and my head snapped to the sound. Carly, Sarah, and Sophie stood in the doorway gaping at me.

Sarah must've found her voice first, "What... What happened to your cheek? Who did that?"

I touched my cheek and winced. Ignoring her question, I said, "Don't tell anyone, please! And do any of you have concealer?"

"Wh-wh-what?!" Sophie cried. "If you didn't see the huge bruise on your cheek, you should check the mirror."

"I know I have a bruise there." I said irritated. "I... uh... Oh! I ran into a pole." I stumbled over my words.

"Well then... That pole must be really strong since the bruise is quite big." Sarah said, not buying my lie.

"Yeah. It hurt a lot." I said not happy with my lie. "So do any of you have concealer?"

"Yup, I've got one in my locker." Carly rushed out of the ladies' room to get her concealer.

Then we were in uncomfortable silence. Sophie, occasionally gave me looks, while Sarah openly stared. I looked at anything but them whilst impatiently waiting for Carly to return with her concealer.

Then I heard murmurs at the opposite side of the door.

"Carly, what happened? Riley just left suddenly. Is she okay?" Someone who sounded like Justin asked Carly.

My eyes widened. Oh no. I harshly whispered to Sophie, "Tell them I don't feel so well." I shoved her out the door.

"Sophie? Where's Riley? Is she alright?" Ashton instantly asked Sophie.

"Uh... No. She doesn't fell good. But I'm sure she'll feel better soon. Don't worry. Now, Carly, if you'd just go check on Riley..." Sophie trailed off.

Then the door opened again and Carly slipped in. "Here. You'll have to tell us the real story later." Carly whispered, tossing her concealer at me. Sarah nodded in agreement. I almost forgot she was there.

I sighed but nodded. They already saw it. It's useless hiding it. I could just tell them what really happened and make sure the don't tell anyone. Or maybe I could make up a believable lie.