Chapter 12

WHADDUP MAH PEEPS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopin u had a gud day today! i did! except i had to leave dancing early cuz i tried going on pointe with only one ouch pouch...dont ever try that...ever...

anyways! ONTO THE CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

~Chapter 12~

~Melody's POV~

It was a free period, and I was on my way to meet up with the guys for another practice before we performed on Friday. I had my PearPod headphones in and I was listening to the recorded version of the song, helping me memorise it.

I guess I was so lost in the music I didn't notice where I was going, and opened the door to one of the classrooms next to the music room by accident.

Inside were Alex and Sapphire. Kissing.

"I-I...errr..."

They had noticed me, Sapphire looking at me with a satisfied smirk on her face, Alex with a mixture of apology, shock and...regret?

"I...just came to say...I...can't make practice" I managed to keep my voice steady until the end when I broke. I turned and ran out of the room. Tears streamed down my face, making sooty black mascara marks down my face. I pulled my cardigan sleeve over my hand, and scrubbed at my cheeks with it, but gave up quickly. I couldn't stop the tears.

I knew they'd probably kissed before already, and I knew I would see them kiss sooner or later, but I never realised I would feel so...hurt.

Scratch that.

I felt used, betrayed, useless, worthless, unworthy. I felt shocked, I never realised how much I cared for Alex before.

I bumped into someone. They started to shout. I mumbled an apology but then they said my name. I snapped out of my little world, and looked up at them.

It was Lyra and James.

"What happened?"

I cried harder now.

"Alex...Sapphire...kissing..." I sobbed.

Lyra looked murderous.

"Melody! MELODY! Hey, wait! Please!"

Oh no, that was Alex. I looked behind me and saw his perfect face...when had he got so good looking? Sapphire was tottering behind him on her 50inch heels.

Lyra shouted something and stormed up to Sapphire, James quickly ran in to restrain her. Whilst Alex was distracted with helping James, I ran off.

I found a little bench outside. I curled up on it, clutching my music book with the music in for our performance to my chest. I cried, gasping for breath, tears running unceremoniously down my face.

I looked down at the book. I opened it to the page where I wrote out all the lyrics neatly. I had drawn little pink hearts everywhere, and at the bottom we had signed our names:

'By Melody and Alex! Co-written and produced by Tom, Chris, John and Harry.'

We didn't write surnames, it was just for us.

I lightly traced mine and Alex's names, tears pouring down my face, that and the rain mingling to try and spoil the book, the treasured memory. I quickly closed the book and put it in my bag.

I remembered that day...how he looked at me...why didn't I see?! How couldn't I tell?

I really, really liked him...