Chapter 5

HI HI AND HI!!!!

lol! okay so I've been working reli hard on this chappie and I finally finished it! It's longer than my other chappie [which was ch2] and may give some more clues on who Scarlette is and stuff... BUT I AM NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY! lol!

so, because of mine and Abi's dedication to this story [and my lack of a social life] you get TWO UPLOADS IN ONE DAY!!! [as CeCe would say:] YAAAAAY!!! lol!

okay the pic is of Krissy!

ENJOY!

~Chapter 5~

~Lyra's POV~

No. No no no no no. This can't be happening. I stared at my phone as the line got cut off.  Come on Lyra. You can do this. Stay strong.

But that was the problem; I couldn't stay strong. Not anymore. It just didn't seem possible.

That was when the tears started.

"Lyra? You ok?" Alex asked - I had arrived slightly earlier than usual and Anthony told me to come and maybe help Alex.

"I'm fine." I snapped.

"Are-are you sure? 'Cause you don't look fine. I think this is first time I've seen you cry," he said. "What's wrong?"

"I told you, I'm fine!" this was happening. This was really happening. And there was nothing I could do to stop it. The tears fell freely for once in my life. It felt kinda good to just let go.

Then I remembered that I wasn't alone. "Excuse me," I said and walked quickley out the door, the tears becoming more rapid. As I opened the door I bumped into someone.

"Lyra, are you okay?" asked Melody.

"Get away from me!" I yelled and pushed past her. I resented Melody more than ever now, did she not realise how good her life was? How lucky she was?

No. She just goes around, being all perky and happy, like life was all rainbows and puppies. Well that's not true at all. Life is not fun. To those of us who witness the darker side of life, we don't understand how people can be so optimistic all the time.

I mean look at CeCe, for example, she is always so happy and excitable - like nothing can bring her down I envied her. I envied her almost as much I envied Melody.

"Lyra? Are you okay?"

URGH! Why does everyone keep asking me that?!

"I'm fine," I said to Anthony. "I need to go home."

"Why?" he asked.

"Family emergency," I told him.

"Really?" he looked doubtful.

"Yes really!" I snapped, losing my patience. "My mom just rang me! Do I look like I'm lying?"

He saw my tear-stained faces and sighed. "Okay fine, I'll tell the principle."

"Thanks," I said, running out.

There was still about twenty minutes or so till classes started so not may people had arrived yet. I knew Daniel wasn't coming to pick me up and take me home. He didn't care enough.

That's one of the reasons I resented him. He doesn't care. Unless it involves himself, he decides to ignore it.

It seemed like I was the only one who cared. Mom and Dad said they did, but they never did anything about it. They don't have hope. They don;t think the situation can get any better, so why bother spending money to even try?