Chapter 2

PICTURE OF MELODY ON SIDE!

~Chapter 2~

~Melody's POV~

Good news or bad news first?

Good news? Sure!

Turns out Alex, Cece, James, and I have all the same classes! Well, at least today. Marcus (and of course Tyler!) had a few of the same classes, but not all of them.

But the bad news?

Lyra is also in all of those classes. Whoop.

Now, I know I haven't known her very long, but is it just me, or does she seem to hate me? As far as I knew I had done nothing wrong...

Mind you, she seems to hate everyone!

Except James, but she sure is defensive! I mean, he was only being nice and catching me when I fell! I noticed that she wasn't as hostile to CeCe either...

I pondered on why she hated me as Alex and I walked to our next class - Creative Music.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" asked Alex.

"Lyra." He stiffened when I said her name, I noticed. "What's up with her? I mean, she seemed to hate everyone except James..." I forced myself to lower my voice, James and Lyra were just up ahead.

"Ah, that's just Lyra!" Alex dismissed it. "She's like that to everyone!" My heart was lifted for a few brief moments, before Alex said. "Although, she does seem to be more horrible to you than anyone else...weird! I wonder why..."

"Thanks for that uplifting pep-talk, Al," I muttered, then suddenly realised just what I had said. I was never normally this familiar with anyone just after I had met them! But there was something about Alex that instantly put everyone at ease, you could just tell, no matter what and no matter who you are, he cares what happens to you and about how you feel.

"Well maybe Harley would know." Suggested Alex, thankfully not seeming to think anything of the familiarity. Harley... I vaguely remembered the girl in my acting class, but I hadn't talked to her much, or at all even. She seemed to along well with Lyra...

"Why would she know?" I asked.

"Well, Harley just knows everything! We haven't got a clue how, she just does! She even knew all about you coming." Alex replied with a laugh.

Hmmm, no privacy? I was starting to dislike this school more and more.

As if he could read my mind, Alex added. "Don't worry, she doesn't just go around dishing peoples private lives out everywhere. She seems to have some secrets of her own, which explains why she gets on with Lyra so well."

"What do you mean?" I asked, as we got to the door.

"Well-" Just then the teacher appeared at the door.

"Alex! Ah, this must be our new student! Melody, right?" he smiled. He seemed more down to earth than Sikowitz, for which I was glad.

I wasn't sure I could survive another hour like the last one.

"Come in, come in!" he grinned, gesturing us in through the door. "Seen as you seem to know Alex already, you can sit next to him, I believe we can squeeze another chair in between him and Lyra, as long as you two keep the PDA to a zero in class!" we both blushed as Alex tried to protest, thank goodness we weren't in the room enough for the class to hear!

The teacher, who's name I later found out was Anthony, rolled his eyes, and waved us into the room. We sat down, me between Lyra and Alex, on one of the three long tables that were set out.