Piece of Art

Tipping the canteen of spring water to Felix's lips, Pan watched as the liquid slid inside his mouth. Then he waited. After moments, Felix began to cough then he sprung alive again. "Welcome back, Felix," Pan said with a grin. Felix flinched against the rock he had been placed to rest his back on. "You're lucky I gave you another chance. Now you know to stay away from Anne."
        "Pan, she's my sister--"
        "One you left," Pan raised his voice. "I'll take care of her, don't you bother to get close to her again, it's useless." Pan then got up, "She hates you..." he breathed.

But did Anne actually hate her brother? Pan questioned this. But he couldn't let Felix get close to Anne, it'd weaken him, what else was he suppose to say? It wasn't just that though. Something inside of Pan wanted Anne to hate her brother, maybe because it made her stronger? And Pan hated a good relationship, he so heavily dreaded it, maybe because all of his past relationships have crumbled because they weren't strong enough, they weren't good relationships per say.

Later, about when the lost boys were gathering up and preparing for some more hunting, Anne sat by herself on a rock carving a bowl. Her smooth long hair cascading beautifully down her clothed back and bare arms, she had taken off her black sweater. In his ordering of his lost boys, Pan couldn't help but notice her, of course. This was the third time he had stared at her, and he couldn't stop himself. She was this piece of art, one that you could get lost in just staring at. "Uh..which route did you say we'd be taking?" Asked a black haired lost boy to Pan who was looking at his lost girl.
        "The one that leads into the cove," Pan said without removing his gaze. There was just enough silence to assume the dark-haired lost boy had went back to his work, but on some slowed time, Pan heard that voice again, of the lost boy.
        "You like her, don't you?" Pan looked at the lost boy in disbelief.
        "What would you know?"
        "The way you're always looking at her. She is awfully pretty--"
        "Someone's slacking," Pan spat.
        "Oh no--I don't mean to say--I mean it's not like I spend more time looking at you then doing my job--"
        "Just get back to work, and get off my tail before I'm forced to leave you to the mermaids," Pan threatened. 
 The scared lost boy quickly nodded then ran off. Pan smiled with satisfaction. It felt nice scaring someone after having had been confronted by may, at which, just might be Pan's feelings. But he hadn't liked someone in so long to really know his feelings about Anne. She was certainly pretty to Pan, but he didn't know her well enough to think much into his opinion on her appearance.

But one thing was for certain, Pan almost always found just about every excuse to talk to her. And right now, he had found one so he headed over. "Not much of a craftsman are you?" Anne held up her beautifully carved bowl. "Oh," He mumbled awkwardly. The thing was, he didn't pay attention to the bowl, obviously, but more on the craftsman herself. "Well...it's lovely, so far," he tried. This was something that bothered him. He never really knew how to talk to Anne and he didn't understand why.

He then looked upon her hair that laid on her blouse. He noticed how her shirt wasn't really so much a blouse, but rather a loose, white, thick-strapped tank-top with small buttons down it's middle. It was nice with her leather corset, Pan thought. And he liked how well her black pants fit the shape of her legs. Her brown boots were tight like the pants, all laced and heelless. She suddenly stopped her work then looked at Pan with her bright green eyes. Pan's breath almost left him. "Not that I don't appreciate the company--or compliment, thank you by the way, but don't you usually have some work to do around here?"

Pan realized what Anne was asking and felt kind of embarrassed. She was getting annoyed with him bothering her all the time. But he just tried to smile then answered her honestly. "Actually, not often...I've got my lost boys to do all of my work. Things are usually pretty content around here."
        "But...why me? Like, why are you always talking to me?" Pan felt really uncomfortable. Anne noticed this then quickly jumped further into what she meant. "I mean..before, you told me, just because I was a girl didn't mean you'd treat me differently..."
        "And talking to you is treating you differently?" Anne felt almost embarrassed. "I told you not to flatter yourself so much, little Anna, don't you remember that part too?" Anne got awkward just then.
        "Well I uh--suppose...but...you're always looking at me, like I'm different."
        "I told you I observe all my lost ones," Pan defended. 

Anne finally gave up and she relaxed her shoulders. "Sorry," she mumbled getting back to her carving.
        "You're interesting, I'll give you that," Pan admitted to draw her attention back on him.
        "Sure," she admitted back still focusing on her work. "But not different."
        "No," Pan assured her. But looking at this sudden discomfort that crossed her face, he felt bad. "I'm not different either," he suddenly piped.
        "But you are," Anne corrected looking at him. He felt his heart jump a little. "To me anyway. You've got good posture, that's for sure," Anne flattered. "And you are quite quick," she complimented again.

Pan smiled. "Don't feel too bad. Each lost one of mine has something unique about them. With you, it's your braids." Anne laughed. Then she shrugged.
        "I guess I like braiding."
        "But--" Anne looked at him with hope. "You're also..." She waited. Pan rethought what he was about to say. "A girl," he finished. Anne looked down disappointed.
        "Oh," she laughed, "yeah." 

A slight pinch of guilt bothered Pan but he held off. He was just about to tell her how she was a piece of art but that was too much, and too risky. Feelings couldn't surface, Pan wouldn't let them. There was nothing really to say back to Anne and Pan had to check on his lost boys to see if they were ready so he decided that now would be a good time he'd leave. But before getting up, he observed the little rope hanging from Anne's neck. He didn't see what hung on this rope because it was hidden in Anne's shirt, but he didn't want to ask about it either. Then he eyed her soft-looking arms, perfectly cleansed and probably warm, and then he observed her hair again, her dark blonde wavy hair that was beautifully appealing.

Suddenly, Pan realized how much he was taking interest in Anne's entire body and all of her features and stopped himself. She was becoming more then pretty. And finally he got up, the little lost girl watching him walk off. Even his walking was attractive..and the build of his shoulders, she had thought.

~But then she reminded herself how much she hated him and forgot all about her interest.

When nightfall came around, Anne had found herself wide awake in her tent, everyone else was asleep...or so she thought. Pan was awake too, getting lost in his mind about Anne..he thought he was the only one awake too. Anne was thinking about Pan too but not as much as Felix and how she'd come close enough to finally admit herself to him, and if she should trust him or not. She hadn't seen Felix all day except when he passed out in a tree near the center of the hideout when the other lost boys did, but they slept on the ground. Wrapped in her big black sweater like it was a blanket, she laid with her head on her sack of clothes and such, the actual blanket she had brought covering her legs.

Suddenly, in her contemplating, came a noise. Anne's ears perked and listened at the sound of something being thrown over something else, like the side of a tent..? Then she heard walking and waited until it faded before she peeked outside. Finding Pan's empty tent, she instantly perked of interest and got up to go follow Pan, but secretively. She didn't know what drove her to follow him but she did...all the way to a certain tree, Pan's thinking tree.

Anne paused behind a nearby tree and peeked as she watched Pan climb this certain tree. Now resting on it, he pulled out his flute and began playing. The song was beautiful and dim like the wind and Anne nearly fell for Pan's playing, and she relaxed her body. Staring dreamily, her brows frowning, a small smile tugged at her lips as she listened. After some time, she began to hope such a beautiful tune would last forever and found herself nearly sleeping as she sat against the the tree she hid behind. Her eyes heavy with dreams, she tried her hardest to keep herself awake.

To a point when Anne was almost out, the sudden snapping of a twig erupted and her eyes shot open. Coming to a cautious stand, the flute still playing, she waited some...her black sweater tied to her waist loosely. Another twig snapped and her mouth was covered by a cloth and her body was being held tightly against someone else's. She fought and kicked and tried to scream through the hand holding a cloth over her mouth but it was no use and she was pulled away, her sweater falling from her waist.

Puzzled, Pan stopped his playing at some noise he thought he heard. When all got silent enough, this sudden sickening, horrid and dark feeling welled in his stomach and he became incredibly anxious.

Jumping from his tree, he walked some till he found a black cloth on the ground. Picking it up quickly, he noticed it was Anne's sweater then panicked. Blinking his way back to the hideout, he ran his way for Anne's tent. Opening it, his heart stopped.