H&Q-10

Sarojini Naidu, the famous Indian poetess says in Ideals of Islam, Speeches and Writings, Madaras, 1918

“It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for, in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: 'God Alone is Great'... “

H&Q-10

Subhanaka Allah humma wa bihamdika,  ashhadu anlaa ilaaha illa anta,  astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaika

(Glory be to You O Allah,  and all praise belongs to You,I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except You.I seek Your Forgiveness,  and I turn to You),

151.[Bukhari & Muslim]

When three persons are together, two of them must not whisper to each other, without letting the third hear; because it would hurt him."

152: Allah is One and likes Unity.

153.[Bukhari & Muslim]

"Be not like the hypocrite who, when he talks, tells lies, when he gives a promise, he breaks it, and when he is trusted, he proves dishonest."

154.[Abu Hureira: Tirmidhi]

"The proof of a Muslim's sincerity is, that he pays no heed to that, which is not his business."

155.[Bukhari]

"Who are the learned? Those who practice what they know."

156.[Tirmidhi Hadith 218]       Narrated by Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (saws) said: ‘The seeking of ‘ilm’ (knowledge) is obligatory for every Muslim.'

(seeking of Islamic Knowledge, since it shows the way of life)

157.[Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 6.545]         Narrated by Uthman ibn Affan (r.a.)

The Prophet pbuh said, "The best among you (beleivers) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it.

158.[Tirmidhi Hadith 2137]         Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (r.a.)

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If anyone recites a letter from Allah's Book he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that ‘Alif-Lam-Mim’ are one letter, but ‘Alif’ is a letter, ‘Laam’ is a letter, and Meem’ is a letter."

159.[Muslim]

'Uthman ibn 'Affan reported: The Messenger of Allah said: "He who performs the Wudu' (Ablution) perfectly (i.e., according to Sunnah), his sins will depart from his body, even from under his nails.''

160.[Sahih Muslim Hadith 6518]    

Narrated by AbuHurayrah

Allah's Messenger (saws) as saying: ‘He who alleviates the suffering of a brother from the affections of the world, Allah will alleviate his affections from the sufferings of the Day of Resurrection. He who finds relief for one who is hard pressed, Allah will make things easy for him in the Hereafter, and he who conceals (the faults) of a Muslim, Allah would conceal his faults in the world and in the Hereafter.

161.[Reported by Bukhari, Muslim, and Nasa'i]

Abu Sa'id reported that the Prophet (saws) asked, "Can anyone of you recite a third of the Qur'an during the night?"  The Companions considered this rather difficult and they said, "Who among us can do so, O Prophet of Allah?"   Thereupon the Prophet (saws) said, "(Say:) He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;  He begetteth not,  nor is he begotten;  and there is none like unto Him.  (Surah 112 Suratul Ikhlas), which the Prophet (saws) described as equivalent to reciting one-third of the Qur'an.”

162.[Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 256]       Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas

The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: ‘Acquiring (religious) knowledge in company for an hour in the night is better than spending the whole night in prayer.'

163.[Sahih Muslim Hadith 1757]  

Narrated by Abu Umamah

Abu Umamah heard Allah's Messenger (saws) say:  “Recite the Qur'an, for on the Day of Resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite it.  Recite the two bright ones,  Al-Baqarah and Surah al-Imran,  for on the Day of Resurrection they will come as two clouds or two shades, or two flocks of birds in ranks, pleading for those who recite them.   Recite Surah Al-Baqarah, for to take recourse to it is a blessing,  and to give it up is a cause of grief, and the magicians cannot confront it.”

164. Love your parents.We are so busy growing up, we often forget, they are also growing old.

165.[Surah Ra'd: 28]

Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.

166. Oh Allah, do not attach me to what you have not written to be mine. Ameen

167. Live for the Hereafter. Live for the sake of Allah.

Do not get too attached with this world or its people. Death is inevitable and we will all receive our call from Allah to RETURN.

168. Surround yourself with people who strengthen your character and remove yourself from people who compromise your character.

169. Just because you are a male does not entitle you to leave behind a mess for others to clean up. Learn from the Prophetic traditions.

170. The world is full of nice people, if you cant find one, BE ONE..!!!