H&Q-9

Its high time we talk a little about Prophet Mohammed dont you think?

So from now onwards lets start each chapter with a little about what people have to or had to say about Prophet Mohammed pbuh.

[James A. Michener, 'Islam: The Misunderstood Religion' in Reader's Digest (American Edition), May 1955, pp. 68-70]

"Muhammad, the inspired man who founded Islam, was born about A.D. 570 into an Arabian tribe that worshipped idols. Orphaned at birth, he was always particularly solicitous of the poor and needy, the widow and the orphan, the slave and the downtrodden. At twenty he was already a successful businessman, and soon became director of camel caravans for a wealthy widow. When he reached twenty-five, his employer, recognizing his merit, proposed marriage. Even though she was fifteen years older, he married her, and as long as she lived, remained a devoted husband.

"Like almost every major prophet before him, Muhammad fought shy of serving as the transmitter of God's word, sensing his own inadequacy. But the angel commanded 'Read'. So far as we know, Muhammad was unable to read or write, but he began to dictate those inspired words which would soon revolutionize a large segment of the earth: "There is one God."

"In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical. When his beloved son Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumors of God's personal condolence quickly arose. Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, 'An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature. It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human-being.'

"At Muhammad's own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history: 'If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead. But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever.'"

Hadith and Quotes- 9

[Al Tirmidhi]

Allaahum-maghfir lee, warhamnee,wahdinee, wajburnee, wa 'aafinee, warzuqnee, warfa'nee.

(O Allah forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, support me, protect me, provide for me and elevate me.)

-Ameen

131. The Graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old.

OLD AGE ISNT PROMISED to ANYONE.

132. [Abu Daud]

"Keep yourselves far from envy; because it eats up and takes away good actions, like a fire eats up and burns wood."

133. When our internet access gets disconnected we get frustrated. If only we felt the same way about losing connectivity with Allah.

134. Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and say THANKS to God for the troubles we dont have.

135. Be good to your parents and your children will be good to you.

136. [Holy Quran 25:53]

"It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water. One palatable and sweet and the other salt and bitter, yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed."

Until recently no one actually knew what this actually meant. But thanks to advances in science we have now found out that there are indeed two seas one salty and the other sweet, but even though they meet they do not mix.

(This can be seen in the Strait of Gibraltar where the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea meet.)

137. Relieved or Relieving?

[Volume 8 Book 76 Number 519]

A funeral processing passed by Allahs Apostle pbuh who said," Relieved or Relieving?" The people asked," O Allahs Apostle, who is relieved and who is relieving?"

He said," A believer is relieved (by death) from the troubles and hardships of the world and leaves for the Mercy of Allah while ( the death) of a wicked person relieves the people, the land,the trees, the animals from him.

138. To be alone means that you avoid bad company. But to have a true friend is better than being alone.

139. Islam is not about,' we are better than you.'

Islam is about,' let me show something better for you.'

140. Conciet and Pride destroys righteous deeds the way Showing off destroys it.

141. Trust in Allah when Making Decisions

[Holy Quran: Surah Al Imran]

... Then when you have taken a decision put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust in Him.

142.[Sahih Bukhari]

The Prophet pbuh has said, " I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him will be in Paradise like this."

(putting his index and middle finger toghter)

143. Everything around the human being is purposeful.

What about the human being, doesnt he have a purpose? Is he purposeless? Purpose of life? Ever wonder?

144. When you are feeling lazy to stand up in prayer, ask yourself, "have you been promised Paradise?..Why are you acting as if you were?

145. Before you speak...

THINK

T - is it true?

H - is it helpful?

I - is it inspiring?

N - is it necessary?

K - is it kind?

146. [Bukhari]

"It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words."

147. [Holy Quran, surah An Nisa:40]

Indeed Allah does not do injustice even as much as an atoms weight, while if there is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.

148. Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

149. [Holy Quran 102:1-2]

Competition in (worldly) increase diverts you. Until you visit the graveyard.

150. One of the most frustrating things in life is to lose hope. And one of the most beautiful feeling is to make Dua (supplication) to Allah with full hope and keep going.

[Holy Quran: 12:87]

"And never give up hope of Allahs soothing mercy, truely no one despairs of Allahs soothing mercy except those who have no faith."