Chapter 37: Katniss

KatnissPOV: "ROSIE!!" I continually called my daughters name as sprinted in every direction leaving not even a single square inch of ground unsearched. A soft rain had started to fall bringing darkness along with it. "ROSIE!" I heard Peeta call from a distance. Tears began to stroke my face, but I sucked in a deep breath and forced myself to keep going. Then I heard a small sound. I whipped my head toward it and couldn't believe my eyes. "ROSIE" I screamed as I pelted toward my daughter, the rain now coming down hard. She looked up at me with tear streaked red eyes and her face lit up. "Mommy!!!" she said as she met me and leapt into my arms. Tears flowed freely from our eyes, mixing with the rain and washing down our backs. "oh Rosie. I missed you much" I said still holding her in my arms. "I'm so sorry mommy. I missed you too. I missed you and daddy so much. I though I could find our house so I came looking and I got lost and..." then she burst into a sob, burrowing her head in my shoulder. Peeta ran up behind us and stopped for a moment before kneeling down and putting his arms around both of us. "No. I'm sorry I was gone Rosie. It's my fault." I said stroking her hair. Then I lifted her into my arms as she clung to my neck. "Everything is alright now. I have you. Daddy's here. I'm here. And we're going home." then she sat back for a moment and looked at me. "I was so scared mommy."she said as more tears welled up into her eyes. "it's alright to be scared." I said nudging her head into my shoulder. "I'll be strong for you."