Chapter 10: Katniss

Katniss POV: When I woke I saw a pair of black boots, tshirts, and pants with a note that said, "get dressed and meet us in the training room when you wake up, there is a map on the back." so I got dressed, rebraided my hair, and followed the directions to the training room.

Waiting for me was Four, and the boy Uriah. I could tell Four was still shaken up from last night by the way he avoided my gaze.

"Since you seem to be staying here, we thought you should learn how to defend yourself." he said. I smirked to myself. They have no idea what I've been through.

"Thanks, but I can defend myself just fine. I was in the Hunger Games." They both looked at me with those same confused looks. Then Uriah spoke,

"Then prove it." he sad as he handed me a knife about the length of my arm. "If you can hit that target, then we will go to the cafeteria and hear your story, if you don't we stay here and train."

"Deal" I said confidently. I may be best at shooting arrows but throwing knives with time and a stable target should be easy. I took the knife from his hand, giving him a strong look in the eye before taking my place in front of the target. I focused on the bullseye, took a deep breath in, and threw the knife as hard as I could, hearing it make contact with the board. I looked up to see my knife dug deep in the exact center of the board. As I turned to walk out I saw the completely shocked expressions on their faces. It was very satisfying.

"So, I'll see you guys in the cafeteria then I guess." I said as I walked confidently out of the training room. They have no idea what I'm capable of.