Chapter 24: Katniss

KatnissPOV: I pulled a knife from my backpack. It wasn't a bow but it would have to do. I took aim and threw it hard. It hit it square on the shoulder and it released a monstrous roar. Peeta draged Tobias away from the scene and coaxed tris over next to him. The bear continued towards us, weakened my my blow, but not downed. I hurried over to tris, "give me your knife." I said firmly holding out my hand. She stared hard at me and turned away, "no, I can't- how do I know I can trust you?!" she said, shouting through the tears streaming slowly down her face. "we could all die, if you don't hand me that knife. I have experience in the wild and obviously your in no state of action, so hand over the knife before I have to force it out of your hands." I said intensely, practically shouting at the end. Her shoulders slumped and she handed me the knife. I breathed in, remembering prim and the hunger games, the rebellion, then losing almost everyone I loved. Then, I looked up at the bear an released all of that fear, anger, and sorrow into that one throw directed right at its core. it connected an the bear let out a deafening yowl of defeat. I crumpled, and Peeta caught me and carried me over next to four and tris. We all sat there. four remained unconscious and tris leaned over him, her hand placed gently on his cheek. Her Tears dripped slowly onto his shirt. I walked over to her and she looked up, automatically hardening her expression, "he will be fine. We just need to clean out his wounds and let him rest until he recovers. He'll wake up eventually, you'll see. For now though you should rest." she nodded and as I turned to go, she took my hand. "thanks, thank you for saving me- us I mean." she sheepishly gazed at the ground. "of course, now rest." i said, then she nodded again and laid on fours chest. I walked over to Peeta and he looked at me and said, "you should take some of your own advice. I'll help the boy." he kissed me on the forehead and walked over to four. I gazed up at the stars and drifted to sleep.