Chapter 2: Katniss

2

Katniss POV: The cold stone sent shivers up my spine as I woke up and walked carefully out of the room so I wouldnt wake Peeta and Rosie. I had been up practically all night dealing with her fever. Now she lay, cuddled into her daddy's side with his arm curled protectively around her. I pulled a heavy coat and some jeans and pulled y hair into that signature braid my mom did so long ago. I slipped out and closed the door delicately behind me, heading down the familiar path to the woods that was filled with so much emotion is made me numb. I found a place on the ground surrounded by nature. Finally, I wept. For so many reasons. That I can never erase what I've seen. That u cannot bring back those I miss. That I can never give my child a place to play that is safe of the memories that steal my sleep.

But there is one light in my darkness. I still have Peeta. The way he takes care of us. The meticulous way he thinks acts to ensure everyones safety even at the risk of his own. It's why I love him. Eventually, I made my way back to the house as a strange feeling begins to creep up my back. Like a cold dark wind that that sends shivers through your soul. Something isn't right, and I intend to find out what.