Chapter 41, Coming to Terms

Chapter 41

As soon as I woke up maybe another day later, Cody was no longer beside me but I had finally been lucky enough to feel my legs again.

It must have been some time around midday and now I could feel my legs, I wasn’t going to waste any more time sitting here in my own misery.

Jumping out of bed, I wobbled a bit at first, the blood now running down my legs and to my feet as I walked over to the cupboard clumsily, slipping on some random dress, now slamming open the bedroom door as I peeked my head out.

I hadn’t seen Dingo since he’d come in the first time to see me, our relationship was edgy.  We may have been brother and sister but he betrayed me as much as he says it was my fault; hopefully I wouldn’t run into him today.

Stepping out into the hallway, I hadn’t even bothered to do my hair or anything and I probably still smelt like I’d just gone for a vigorous jog but oh well.

I could hear the sound of the Xbox instantly and the sound of Charlie cursing as the game didn’t go his way but another chuckle caught my attention; it was Dingo, he must have been in the lounge room.

Stomping my way downstairs, both men must have caught a whiff of me as Charlie turned, his eyes looking shocked as he stared at me; his car flying into the side rail.

‘You’re up Vera’

Stomping my way into the lounge room, both guys looked at me, their shocked faces not seeming to disappear as I walked closer.

Pointing my finger at Dingo, I saw his eyes roll briefly as I yelled at Charlie.

‘What is he doing here, who gave him permission to play the Xbox’!

Charlie chuckled, immediately regretting his decision as I reached over the couch, grabbing him by his collar.

‘Vera, Cody agreed he could join our pack, I thought he would tell you’.

My voice echoed off the walls, the sound making Charlie actually look like he wanted to cower away whilst Dingo just sat there staring at me

‘WHAT, I DIDN’T AGREE TO THAT’!

Charlie’s eyes glazed over for a minute, his face telling me he was having a silent conversation with someone, most likely he was begging his Alpha to protect him from his own Luna.

Shoving Charlie against the couch, I now turned to Dingo; his face not even looking scared as I growled at him.

‘It’s nice to see you too Vera; still have hard feelings I see’.

The savage bark sound that left my lips even surprised me, I didn’t even understand why I was so angry, stepping right up so I was barely a metre from Dingo, his scent filled my nostrils, his smell pushing me over the edge as I felt myself beginning to shift.

In the next seconds, I had shifted, tearing the dress I had only just put on, its small pieces now lying at my feet.

I heard Charlie mutter under his breath at the other end of the couch as Dingo got to his feet, taking a few steps away from the couch.

‘You need to calm down Vera!  Do you think I’d be here if I wasn’t on your side’?

Slowly stepping over near Dingo, my head was low, my wolf in a stalking position; my teeth bearing as I snapped at him.

‘You know the only good thing out of this is that I can now talk to you when you go wolf crazy on my ass’.

He even shared the mind link now!  Lunging at him, Dingo took a small step back, his body tipping over as my large white wolf tackled him down; his hands trying to pull my teeth away from his face.