Chapter 25, Rocky The Flying Squirrel

Chapter 25

When Cody returned home, I could only imagine the look on his face when he saw the mess we had made.  The couch was sitting at the bottom of the stairs, overturned along with two other chairs from the lounge not far behind.

Charlie and I were standing in the lounge room, a microphone each as the sound of our tone deaf voices filled the house.

I was definitely going to join a band one day…….

‘Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling’!

‘And every time we kiss I swear I can fly’.

And so came Charlie’s part...

‘Can’t you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last’

‘I need you by my side………….’

Hearing the good old techno beat pumping, the whole room was shaking with how loud the volume was as Charlie and I danced around.

Each time Charlie even came close to my side of the room, I would put a foot out and kick him; seeing Charlie sliding back to where he stood.

‘You can’t win Charlie; I am so queen of sing star’!

Hearing the front door slam amongst the excitement, I stopped and turned to see Cody; standing there a vein about to pop in his skull as he looked between us.

‘CHALRIE; WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY MATE’!

I could hear Charlie gulping back his fear, as he turned the game down and began to walk over to Cody like the loyal pet he was.

‘I was watching her like you told me, she insisted we have a little sing off……..’

Cody’s growl echoed through the building, the lights swaying a little from the force of his anger; ‘I do not want to see you back here until dinner Charlie’!

Charlie nodded quickly before opening the front door and hurrying out, shutting it gently behind him.

Standing there, now feeling a little exposed with just Cody and I in the house; I quickly averted my gaze, my eyes focusing on no particular point on the wall.

Hearing Cody sigh, he was soon walking over to me, dragging the long couch with him as he went, until he propped it next to me; his attention now completely focused on me.

‘You’re always going to be a handful, aren’t you Vera’.

A small smile crossing my features, Cody definitely was having one of his mood swings now as I felt as hand slithering around my waist with Cody soon stepping up close behind me.

His warn breath hit my neck, making Goosebumps appear in its place as he spoke.

‘You just need to remember you are my handful, and mine only……’

Still looking at some random spot on the wall, Cody’s lips soon touched my neck, his playful tongue massaging the spot where he’d claimed me days ago.

Cody must have put me in some trance as my legs grew weak from his contact, our lack of togetherness making my wolf enjoy this more than she usually did.

A small moan escaping my lips, Cody took the opportunity to withdraw his hand; both hands now coming around my body as he lifted me off the ground bridal style.

‘Why are you doing this Cody’?

Looking up at his face, Cody looked the happiest I’d seen him since we got back.