Chapter 15, Halo vs Need For Speed

Chapter 14

The room so dark as usual since I had broken the doors; I barely even registered it was morning.  My eyes fluttering open, I could feel a firm pair of arms still wrapped around me; a cool breath battering against the back of my neck.

Thinking it wise not to wake Cody, I tried to slither out of his hold when just as I thought I was free, his arms stretched out, pulling me back in.

Seriously…….

Hearing Cody groan as he seemed to wake up, his lips began to press against my neck; my wolf now awake and paying attention, stupid instinct.

‘Morning sleeping beauty’

Scoffing of course Cody had to make this so much more cliché than it already was.

‘Morning Beast’

Cody snickered, his arms now letting me move away a bit as he rubbed his eyes; ‘I think I like Beast that one’s a keeper’.

Of course my insults had no effect on this guy, he was that used to me now it just wasn’t funny. 

Climbing out of bed, I threw my arms up, stretching out my spine as I leant backwards; bones cracking from being dormant so long.

It wasn’t even seven in the morning and I was getting up; such an unlucky fella Cody had to get up early each and every day from now on.

‘You slept well I’m guessing’?

Shrugging I generally slept well since coming here except that freaky night I had a nightmarish type dream.

‘Yeah, fine; I’m going to go get some food’.

Walking out of the room still in my pyjamas; Cody must have been watching me as I walked past him, swinging my hips as I left the room.

‘Such a flirt…..’

Stomping down the hallway, hoping neither Charlie or Gerald was up so I’d wake them, I grabbed onto the railing, sliding down it on my butt as the stairs seemed to be the slow way of going from now on.

Never having done this before, as I reached the bottom I kind of forgot how to stop as my body went flying into the front door; a loud thump echoing through the house as I crumbed to my knees, rubbing my forehead at the door.

‘That’s one way to wake up I suppose’.

Looking into the kitchen, Charlie was washing up is plate, looking as if he’d already been up a few hours.

‘Are you a vampire or something?  Every morning I come down, you like you’ve been awake for hours’!

Charlie chuckled, looking at me like I was stupid; ‘I’ll give you a hunt it starts with P and ends in L’.

Right, he did early morning patrols that would explain it then.  ‘I don’t need you to act like I’m five you know’!

Throwing his plate back in the cupboard, Charlie ignored my comment; now walking over to a stool as he went to finish the remainder of his coffee.

‘You reek of Cody by the way’.

‘Thanks for the advice; I’ll make sure I shower before I see you next time’.

‘No problem, good to know you actually do shower sometimes’.

Stupid Charlie with his stupid comebacks; I could feel the burn; asshole.  Walking into the kitchen; I automatically opened the cupboard, seeing a pancake shaker mix that clearly was meant for me as I threw the bottle on the counter; slamming cupboard doors to find a saucepan.