Chapter 33, Home Again.....

Chapter 33

Charlie’s arm leaning on the doorframe, he didn’t look like he planned on moving anytime soon.

Cody chose now to push into him, Charlie soon being barged out of the way as Cody walked past him into the house.

Cody didn’t seem to waste any time scanning the area, his eyes looking around the parts of the house, he could see from the doorway before turning back to Charlie.

‘There’s been no disturbances since we’ve been gone Beta’?

Charlie still looking at me, his face now telling me I had nowhere to hide, he stepped out of the way to let me in as he walked over to Cody.

‘Actually, there was something……………..’

Cody’s whole face now scrunching up, the anger boiling in his veins; Charlie held his hands up in defence as he began to explain.

‘I’m sorry; I didn’t think it was important’.

Cody now walked over to stand directly in front of Charlie as I slipped through the doorway, making my way over to the lounge to be the first to play the Xbox.

Charlie and Cody continued bickering behind me like a bunch of teenage girls.

‘What do you mean, he’s gone!  You were supposed to bring him to me if he was found here; why is that one simple task so hard’!

Cody would stab his finger into Charlie’s chest, Charlie hesitating every so often, his eyes telling me he really didn’t want to spill what he had to say.

I was actually kind of enjoying watching Charlie getting scolded as Cody ripped into him for disobeying him about who knows what, that little bit of information they had kept to themselves with their annoying mind link.

Cod pinned Charlie to the wall as Charlie seemed to simply be held there, not even trying to break out of his Alpha’s hold.

A swift punch connecting with Charlie’s jaw as Cody let him fall, his back now resting against the wall as he didn’t dare say a word, whilst Cody looked like he was ready to rip his hair out.

‘I’m going out; watch Vera for me and DO NOT let her outside’!

Cody looked over to me, his eyes looking sympathetic as he walked over to the front door, his hand curling around the knob as his eyes bore into mine.

‘I’m sorry Vera, I know we just got back; there is something I have to do, I’ll see this afternoon’.

Ducking out just as fast as he’d came in, I didn’t even realise as I let out a sigh, my wolf obviously expecting some sort of romantic day with Cody.

Turning now to take the controller in my hands, Charlie had been playing Need for Speed and racing the police actually sounded like something I wanted to do right now.

Hitting the start button, my car immediately slammed into the gutter rail as a pursuit car followed my action, his bulbar connecting with my back bumper and pushing my car a couple of metres along the rail.

Holding the button flat as my car soon jumped up its gears again, Charlie came over and sat down next to me; his hand holding his jaw as he slumped down on the couch, his eyes still having that knowing look like he wanted to know everything.

‘So Vera, please do tell……….’

Not even looking at Charlie, maybe I could strike a bargain and here and knowing Charlie, he would agree because he was always a desperate gossip mongrel that wanted to know everything.