Chapter 11, Claimed

Chapter 10

I assumed I must have slept the whole night, considering when I woke up the next morning I was tucked away in Cody’s bed, alone as usual and in my pyjamas.

That perverted jackass………..

The ceiling was a dim cream colour, making em scowl once again at how clean everything had always been here.

Climbing out of bed, it was still dark in the room since the balcony doors hadn’t been fixed as I slowly turned the knob leading out to the hallway, seeing a sleeping Cody asleep, sitting just outside the door.

Giving him a gentle nudge with my foot, he soon propped up, looking very tired as his eyes tried to focus on me.

‘What time is it’?

What, the almighty Alpha didn’t know what time it was, things were really starting to change around here.

‘It’s six in the morning; can I ask why you chose to sleep on the ground’?

Cody looked around, probably having no idea why he was here either. 

‘I wanted to come sleep in with you but I didn’t have the guts and here I am, outside your door, like the stalker I am’.

Snickering, I shut the door, sitting down against it next to Cody as I searched his eyes for something.  He seemed so sleepy this morning, it being a change from his normally knowing everything self.

‘Couldn’t sleep without me, hey’?

 Cody looked a little annoyed before he leaned in, wrapping his arm around my waist.

‘Maybe’

‘I thought we’d established the no touching rule’.

‘I don’t see you complaining’.

Smirking, I tried getting to my feet as Cody pulled me closer; already knowing what I was going to do.

‘Why do you play so hard to get, a bond between mates is supposed to make you want me’?

Chuckling, my wolf wanted him that was pretty clear but I wasn’t going to admit it.  Feeling a little on the flirty side, I moved my head closer to Cody’s as I trailed his neck with my tongue, feeling him melt around me.

‘Do you want me now Vera’?

Pulling away and shrugging, this time I forcefully pushed Cody off so I could get up; walking down the stairs rather fast, knowing Cody would be following me.

‘This is what I’m taking about Vera’.

Quickly darting into the lounge room and seeing Charlie, I skipped over to where he sat, trying to act like I hadn’t just enraged the devil.

‘Do you not sleep or something’?

Charlie looked at me, his eyes looking a little bloodshot as he went back to his game; ‘I’m an early riser in case you didn’t notice’.

That was obvious; maybe his little overconsumption of alcohol yesterday kept him awake.

‘I’m sorry I ran at you after drinking so much; I didn’t realise you had a problem with alcohol, my heart bleeds out to the wolf that lives without fun’.

Really he wanted to play this game; ‘oh really Charlie, I’m sure I’ve had more fun in my life than you when you’ve been pissed’.

Smirking, I had forgotten about my little follower until he lifted me up, quickly sliding under him and setting me down like I had given him permission to control me now.