Chapter 18, It's War Then!

Chapter 17

Running through the trees, my Dad was clearly furious with me and now that he knew he could no longer attack me; I just took off saving him the internal argument with himself.

Skipping through the trees, I reached our pack’s border soon enough; I wasn’t going to leave but this was always the best place to go to get away from my Dad.

Hearing a stick snap to my right, I saw the shadow of a small wolf, preparing to attack them.

Walking forward out of the shadows; the wolf soon flashed its ginger fur as it trotted off into the trees; only to come back in its human form.

The man stood tall; seeming unafraid he had practically let his guard down to another wolf.

Deciding I wanted to talk to this guy, I couldn’t care if he was a rogue; I was that upset with my family now, I really didn’t care.

Slipping my little bag off my back that I always carried with me, I also trotted over to some random tree.   My human form soon taking over; I dressed in some oversized t-shirt with shorts, returning to see the man looking at me curiously.

‘What you’re not going to attack me?  I think I like you already’.

Smirking, I had to give this guy credit; he seemed to understand me and I didn’t even think he was from the Crescent Pack.

‘I’m Vera, ruler of the sheep around here; you ever want one slaughtered for free, hit me up; I couldn’t give a damn what my parents think’.

The man stepping forward, I took a step back instinctively not trusting this strange wolf.  He extended out his hand, obviously wanting to shake like he enjoyed human gestures.

Taking his hand in mine, his hard skin felt cold; hands of a working man just like mine.

‘I’m Seth; I was just having a look around and was hoping I’d run into someone; who is the Alpha around here’?

His eyes seeming deceptive, I didn’t care; my pack didn’t look after me so I couldn’t give two hoots about any rogues just passing through.

‘If you’re looking to steal some stock, head down to the south border; it’s never patrolled, the Alpha here is Toby and trust me, he’s nothing special; the Beta isn’t much better either’.

 ‘Do you know the higher ups personally do you; because from what I’m picking up you dislike them both greatly’?

Chuckling, this guy was awesome!  He definitely understood where I stood in this pack, probably coming from a similar situation in his own.

‘I like you Seth, you get me.  The Beta is my father and he is one grade A pain in the ass; never given a damn about me since I turned sixteen’.

Clicking his tongue, Seth was now laughing with me as we went on, with me pretty much bagging out every aspect about my pack except Dingo of course, I would never wish him dead.

His ginger strands of hair, falling over his eyes, in desperate need of a haircut I didn’t say anything knowing I probably didn’t look much better.

‘So are you planning on staying long or just throwing a few fire crackers into the flames to stir up some trouble’?

Perplexed by my analogy, Seth shook his head; his green eyes studying my movements now.

‘I might head out now actually, I’ll come back another day; it’s not like your pack is going anywhere; I guess I owe you Vera, if you’re ever looking for a psychic for your chaotic plans just give me a call’.