Chapter 2, Rogue vs Rogues

Chapter 2

The eerie silence didn’t seem right here.  A patrol should be on my trail right now but why weren’t they?  There were no birds even nesting in this part of the forest, making me wonder just what was happening here.

My nostrils picked up the strong scent of a male wolf, almost right on top of me as I turned; seeing nothing behind me or around me.  My steady steps were only intensifying the moment as I waited for a wolf to jump out to take me.

Stopping suddenly, my wolf was telling me not to go any further, reasoning with me that it would be my death bed.  Her busy persona was making it difficult to concentrate as I kept my eyes peeled, simply waiting. 

Almost working up the courage to listen I took a step back, my nose raised in the air to smell out the problem wolf.

My foot landed on a small stick making it snap in half before, as if in a flash I looked back in front of me to see a large sandy coloured wolf snapping its teeth at me, blood falling from its lips.

Crap…….

So much like the movies……the innocent girl walks into a trap only to meet her death……………..

The rogue was clearly showing he was in charge before sniffing the air and taking some calm steps towards me, the realisation dawning over me that he knew I was a rogue she wolf.

I knew from the moment he stepped forward the strong scent that didn’t belong was his, it had to be; who else could stink up the place so much?

Backing up, I didn’t really want to fight this guy but sizing him up, I could probably take him on with some injuries to me, myself and I.

Seeing him lunge forward, obviously uninterested in my winning physic; I took a step to the side, realising it was either going to be fight or die.

Dropping my bag, I copied his movements, our chests connected as we fell backwards, neither of us going for a kill shot at first obviously.

The rogue was clearly uninterested in a meet and greet session as I caught a flicker in his eyes which told me game on.

Jumping at me, the wolf then snapped trying to crush my jaw in his own before I dodged the attack ramming his stomach with my back before bucking him off; turning only to see him coming again.

His eyes stood out to me; a grey colour with the slightest tinge of red, it made me want to run in the opposite direction.  Just the vibe I was getting off him told me he was pure evil; maybe he was the devil out to kill me and hang me out to dry.

Skipping to the side, I felt as he grabbed a hold of my shoulder; the one that had healed only mere hours ago.  Yelping in pain, I cursed for yelping so loud both showing him that he was winning and the pack that I was here.

His teeth still somewhat sinking in, I turned my head as he briefly let go, latching onto his face whilst digging my teeth into his snout as he growled, trying to snap and drag me over.

Shaking my head from side to side, this guy was big and flipping heavy, I could barely get any movement happening as I soon let go having enough and going for a kill shot.

The wolf was quick I had to give him that, as soon as I let go he was trying to do the same with us both doing a small circle before the wolf managed to latch onto my back; this time tearing at the fur there; making me want to rip his lungs out for being such a pain in the ass.

Grabbing at his front leg again, I tore it towards me, unbalancing the wolf slightly as he refocused his jaw to try and grab on mine, allowing me to spin around before jumping out his way to prevent me losing a nose.