Chapter 30, Day On The Town

Chapter 30

So after the meeting, Cody insisted on taking me shopping, something I will admit I will never come to enjoy.

Walking down the main street, seeing as it was the only street where there were shops, Cody held my hands in his as he looked around, seeming to know where he was going.

Being daylight this time, the streets were filled with the different scents of wolves as my nose struggled to focus on any one particular smell.

Each of them looked at us, giving us space to show their respect for their Alpha; Cody seemed to barely notice any of their acknowledgements as he pulled me into a store called ‘Dress Galore’.

‘I think we should start here Vera’.

Groaning, I had no choice but to follow Cody in as the woman behind the register practically began running around frantically looking for dresses as she brought back a measuring tape and walked up to me.

‘How are you today Luna’?

A little unsure about this crazy woman, I read her nametag, seeing it read Carol; trying to be polite for her sake.

‘I’m well thank you’.

Immediately going to take my measurements, Cody sat down on a cushion like lounge near the change rooms, seeming to know how this all worked while I stood there blankly as the woman nodded to herself, scribbling down my measurements.

‘If you could wait by the Alpha, Luna and I will bring you some dresses in your size to try’.

Groaning when I reached Cody, he didn’t seem the slightest bit phased as he patted his lap for me to sit.

“I’m assuming you’ve never done this before’?

Nodding my head, Cody was right there as Carol returned with a slim looking summer dress, its white backdrop being perfect for the floral design if I was ever into dresses.

‘Here you are Luna, try this and let me know what you think; I’ll be out here if you need anything’.

Taking the dress in my hands, its silky material was a little inviting but I wanted to throw up, just thinking about wearing it.

The few steps to the little change rooms didn’t seem like enough as I soon had my own dress over my head, its material sitting a little crooked as it sat on the hook on the wall.

Taking in my still tired looking appearance, I grabbed this new dress, throwing the hanger on the floor as I lifted it over my head, the silk of it feeling so nice against my skin, like it was meant there.

Sliding open the door to the change room, I took the few steps out into the main part of the store, looking around to see a young girl browsing as Carol helped her make a selection, making em grateful I had one less set of eyes to examine me.

‘You look beautiful Vera, I think that one’.

Cody’s eyes were stuck on the dress, its silk hugging my muscles as it draped effortlessly over my body.

‘So does that mean we can go now if you like it’?

 Cody shook his head, a big grin on his face; ‘you destroyed a lot more than one dress Vera’.

Groaning in my quiet voice so Carol wouldn’t hear me and come rushing over, Cody passed me another dress; this time the dress looking a lot more formal, a light blue in colour.

Taking it regretfully in my hand, I stomped back to the change room as I flicked this dress of, resting it on the chair because it was apparently a keeper as I pulled the new dress over me, its material seeming more snug than the other.