Chapter 23, The Official Meeting

Chapter 23

Sitting there in my new cell, I didn’t speak a word to the blond guy after that. 

Keeping my eyes from even looking at him, I could feel his constant gaze; that same working out the puzzle expression.

‘You seem to enjoy going wolf on my ass; you don’t have something for blonds, do you’?

My eyes immediately meeting this guy’s, he was only doing this to tick me off and it was working.  He was just trying to wind me up like I did to people.

‘What’s it to you blond’?

The guy chuckled, seeming content with stirring me up like this.

‘Your Alpha is here by the way, don’t go wolf on his ass too much but I am told he isn’t even blond; should I be offended’?

Scowling, I simply laid there, my side still very sore; the last thing I wanted was to see Cody right now, he’d never forgive me for killing another pack’s wolf.

Seeing the blond stand to attention as two sets of footsteps approached; I wondered who Cody had brought with him since I told him Gerald couldn’t be trusted.

Seeing his eyes meet mine straight away, the blond was already dangling the keys in front of him before he could see me.

‘VERA’!

Almost breaking the door down, Cody burst in; his arms grabbing me around the waist as he pulled me to my feet and slammed me into his chest instantly.

Holding back my whimpers, I could see amusement in the blonde’s eyes, obviously thinking how much this hurt after he knew what his Alpha had done.

Wiggling his eyebrows, he stood there almost guarding us as he waiting for Cody to go mental on his butt.

Next to the blond stood some random wolf from our pack, I didn’t know, his eyes downcast as he tried hard not to survey his surroundings.

I could hear Cody sucking in big breaths as he took in my scent; a low growl erupting from his throat.

‘I thought you were dead Vera, the moment I walked downstairs and saw you gone; I knew something had happened’.

I could have sworn, I felt a tear run down Cody’s face and hit my shoulder as I tried to pull away from his hug but he held on so tight if my ribs weren’t already pained from my kick earlier they would have been snapping now.

‘You have to promise me, never to do that again; there are not words for my feelings right now’.

Feeling like this was out of a love story; I pulled out of Cody’s hug finally as he just stared at me, his eyes locking onto all the blood that my skin was covered in.

‘Why are you covered in so much blood’!

Well I should have told him not to freak out before he looked at me, too late now.

‘Well, ah it’s a combination of mine and someone else’s…………….’

Cody’s eyes darkened in that instant, my eyes flashing to the blond; who looked like he was screaming for me to help him.

‘WHO DID THIS TO HER’!

The blond backed down, used to be overpowered by an Alpha, I really didn’t blame him as I almost pleased for him not to say anything.

‘Why don’t you ask Vera yourself, she killed someone in our pack’?

Cody’s eyes now flicking back to me, he sucked up the scent of the blood, obviously being unable to place it until he got to mine, knowing I hadn’t lied.