Chapter 26, Facing Reality

Chapter 26

Slipping up to the bedroom, Cody was soon upstairs with me after my embarrassing moment tripping on the steps.

Charlie had gone to bed soon after, claiming he had an early patrol to do; leaving em alone with Cody who today seemed in his mushy mood.

‘Ready for bed Vera; you only slept a couple of hours ago’.

Hearing the cocky tone in his voice, Cody seemed awfully proud of himself for making me fall asleep; maybe it was time to pop his bubble.

‘Yeah, I mustn’t have been feeling well; the stuffy air of the room must have knocked me out’.

Immediately the hand that was curled around my waist stiffened as I chuckled knowing I’d hit a nerve.

‘Can’t you just admit I did a good job’!

The little snicker that escaped my mouth was apparently unwelcomed as Cody pushed me towards the bed whilst he walked over to his cupboard grabbing his pair of boxers that were supposed to pass as pyjamas.

Throwing his top off as he purposely stripped off in front of me, I gawked at him, ready to pull the guy’s hair out.

‘Is it so hard to change in the bathroom’?

Cody looked at me with his knowing smirk, that smirk that told me he knew I would enjoy it and was just being difficult.

Dropping his jean shorts, I tried hard not to look but my wolf was desperate to see as my eyes soon gazed upon Cody’s body, a pair of boxers only covering him up.

Facing me now, it was clear he was excited to see me…….that may have been obvious as I tried to look away still unable to.

His thighs were built so sturdy, lean and muscular; the muscles surrounding his hips curved down to his private area, my stare lasting longer I expected as he cleared his throat.

‘Told you, you would enjoy it’

Walking into the bathroom, Cody must have slipped on his clean pair of boxers as he came back in a pair that was clearly a different colour.

My eyes taking one last hungry look over him, I forced myself off the bed; looking in the cupboard to see the pyjamas I wore neatly folded on the floor.

Taking them in my hands, I didn’t even give Cody a second look, walking into the bathroom and slamming the door behind me as I changed and walked out throwing my dirty clothes down in the corner before I looked up at Cody, seeing his frustrated expression.

‘Put them on the floor in the cupboard if you insist Vera…….’

Doing as Cody said, I slowly crept under the blankets on my side of the bed as Cody soon followed; the warmth of his body immediately heating up the bed.

‘Cody, you’re a flipping heater, don’t come over here’.

Ignoring my request, Cody wrapped himself around me, his head coming to rest just behind my head.

‘You have to let me in Vera, it’s like there’s this imaginary wall you’re using to keep me out’.

Sighing, maybe I just didn’t want this almighty Alpha trying to mate me when I least expected it, Cody was growing a little unpredictable.

‘I was speaking with Alpha Keith today and as of tomorrow we will be planning to go to war with this rogue pack that you stumbled upon; the Alpha thinks it would be to our advantage to fight together; as much as I don’t want to’.