Chapter 34, Putting On My Game Face

Chapter 34

So the days passed slower than I expected; my locked up wolf going stir crazy like she did as Charlie stayed home most days to entertain us, whilst Cody was out readying in the pack for battle.

There were also brief periods throughout the days when I would be alone at the house and it was very strange.

There was nothing to do around here, so once Sunday came around I was more than pleased to race around the house, packing the few belongings I needed before we headed into Imperial Territory.

Shoving everything into the small bag I had used when coming here in the first place; I would be able to carry it once I shifted which made me lean towards taking it over some huge suitcase that I would only pack a quarter full.

Cody had taken much convincing to allow me to come with him; in the end I resorted to saying that I would be in danger staying here, stating that the rogues would know I was alone and Cody was hours away to help.

Packing the last of my things, I slipped the small bag over my shoulders; trudging down the stairs victorious to where Cody and Charlie were waiting for me.

‘You ready to head off Vera and please don’t tell me you’re hungry; I just cooked you a three course meal’?

Chuckling at Cody’s flat expression; his mind now seeming to realise we were going to war, I nodded eagerly as I walked past the two guys; opening the front door to see a large group of wolves standing outside.

Standing there in the doorway, I was a little lost for words, seeing as the majority of the wolves were male here and they all looked similar to Cody, unhappy that they had to fight but pleased that they were protecting their pack.

Stills tunned, Cody stepped around me; his arm now wrapping around me as he shouted to his followers.

‘Tomorrow should bring us victory; I am told the rogues still lack large numbers; we will begin our trek to Imperial Territory now, you will all follow Charlie’s lead’.

Charlie trying to step around us, soon walked down the where everyone was.  Having a similar bag to what we did; he loosened the straps considerably as he walked over into the trees; before he shifted.

Yelling out for everyone to run, all the wolves soon descended into the trees as I soon saw a shifted Charlie following them; Cody now dragging me down to where the large group of wolves had been as we walked to the trees.

‘Are you sure everyone that stays will be okay Cody’?

Cody nodded, our strides matching as we headed to the forest.

‘My Father is in charge until we return; I have let some warriors behind to defend our land but I do not think there will be any problems here;  my Dad knows what he’s doing so there’s no need to worry’.

Finally arriving at the trees, I shifted, my clothes being thrown over a nearby branch for when I returned.

I felt sorry for any patrols that came through here; they would only find piles of clothes everywhere and I would have thought that would be really strange to see.

My white wolf taking over as the bag now hugged my muscular frame; I stretched my legs; an eager Cody soon running past me as he followed where his warriors had been, following their trail into the trees.

Falling instep close behind; we were travelling considerably fast for the distance we had to travel, telling me Cody was trying to catch up to his pack before they arrived without him.

The journey only taking us ten minutes; Cody jumped through the wolves as I followed in suite, earning strange looks from the majority of the wolves, making me want to cringe into Cody’s side.