23.

Chapter 23

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   "We're moving."

   "We're moving."

   "We're moving."

   Those two words repeated in my mind over and over again.  I stared at my dad in horror.

   "W... what?" I asked. He looked at me sympathetically and Austin looked shocked.

   "What? No.... you can't!" he protested and my dad put his fac ein his hands.

   "I'm so sorry to split you two apart, but I found a new job and I can't have Audrey live with you guys because she's my daughter and I need her with me. I'm really sorry," he said and I looked at the ground avoiding his eyes.

   This wasn't happening.

   This can't be happeing.

   This is happening.

   I'm leaving Sarah, Alex, Louise, Aaron, and... Austin.

   I met Austin's gaze and he looked heartbroken.

   "Austin," I whispered. He shook his head. Tears were forming in his eyes. He got up and ran out of the house. His mom looked sad too and stood up.

   "I'm sorry. I'll go check on him. It'll be so sad to see you guys go. We'll miss you, when are you leaving?" she asked and my dad shut his eyes closed tight.

   "We're moving in two days," he mumbled and my eyes widened.

   "TWO DAYS?!" I screamed. Austin's mom quickly left which left just left me and my dad. I stared at him with tears blurring my vision.

   "Why didn't you.... why didn't you tell me?" I asked and tears escaped my eyes.

   "I'm sorry. I know I've said it a lot but I am really sorry," he said.

   I brought my knees to my chest and sat there like that crying. My dad got up and walked upstairs leaving me alone downstairs.

   I hugged my knees tighter and cried until my eyes dried out.

   "I'm sorry Austin," I faintly whispered even though I knew he was most likely at his house right now and was no where near me.

   ♥♥♥

   "So... you're leaving?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned around to see Sarah standing behind me.

   "Um yeah... we're leaving tomorrow," I explained and smiled sadly at her.

   She looked like she was about to cry. She suddenly wrapped her arms around me and cried onto my shoulder. I hugged her back and smiled to myself. At least she forgave me.

   "I'm so sorry. I was just sad about Alex and I was being stubborn and I'm sorry," she said. She pulled away and she smiled through her tears.

   "Call me all the time okay?" she asked. I nodded and she nodded and then the bell rang.

   "I got to go get to class. Text me later okay?" she asked. I nodded and then she disappeared along with everyone else in the hallway. I sighed and turned around and dumped everything from my locker into a trash bin.

   I paused when I saw a picture of Austin and me at prom. I smiled lightly and then put that picture in my pocket.

   I hadn't heard from him since yesterday. I was beginning to think he wanted me to leave since he wasn't talking to me. He wasn't even answering my calls.