11.

Chapter 11

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   I practically ran home from school that day. Assembly took forever and I wanted to make sure I got home before Dad left. I wouldn't see him for a whole year. I know he's been gone for awhile... but a year?

   I reached my house and then I ran inside amd shut the door behind me.

   "Dad!" I yelled. I looked around but I couldn't find him. I dropped my bag to the floor and walked into the living room. I looked around but again I didn't see him.

   "Dad?" I asked quietly and then I saw it.

   A small note on the couch. I picked it up and started reading it.

   Dear Audrey,

   If you're wondering why I'm not home it's because my flight got moved so I had to leave early. I'm so very sorry. Really. I love you. Don't ever forget that.

   And I will video chat and call you every chance I get. 

   I'm sorry.

   But you're strong. I know you are. You'll get through this. And you'll be with Austin. You guys are really good friends. He will be really nice to you. I know it.

   And remember that I will love you always. 

   Get packing and Michele (Austin's mom)  will come over to get you later. 

   Love, Dad

   Tears filled my eyes as I crumpled up the note and threw it on the couch. I didn't even say goodbye. I shook my head and ran upstairs. I went into my room and slammed my door shut.

   I walked over to my bed and just lied down on it for a moment and closed my eyes. 

   I hate my life.

   I hate it!

   I sat up and then started screaming my head off. 

   A few minutes later I stopped. I put my head in my hands and just sat there for a momemt.

   Austin hates me for no apparent reason.

   My dad is gone for a year.

   I have to live with Austin.

   Why is all of this happening to me?

   Maybe I should just think about the good things...

   I have new friends.

   New friends that care about me.

   And Aaron is being nice. He even followed me.

   I took a deep breath and walked over to my closet. A suitcase was on the floor with a not on it. I picked it up and read it.

   Use this suitcase to pack everything. I love you <3

   -Dad

   I sighed and then began to pack. Austin's mom would probably be here to get me soon.

   Still can't believe I'm living with Austin for a year. I mean he can't be mean to me in front of his mom right?

   Does she even know we're not friends anymore? What if Louise is always there?

   Stop! I need to stop thinking about the bad things and look at the bright side:

   I get to live with the love of my life.

   If only he loved me back.

   ♥♥♥

   "We are so happy to have you here Audrey! If you need anything just ask me or Austin and feel free to get a snack or do anything you like. You don't have to ask. And here is your room," Michele, she told me to call her that, gestured towards a guest bedroom. I smiled at her.

   "Um thanks," I said and she smiled and walked away. Austin was still in his room luckily.

   I dragged my suitcases into my new room and gasped. It was huge! I smiled and set my bags down next to my bed and climbed onto my bed. It was actually pretty high.

   I bounced on it a little and then got out my phone and saw that I had a text from Alex.

   Alex: Hey are you okay?

   Audrey: Yup just got here. There house is HUGE! :P

   Alex: lol nice but um have you run into Austin?

   Audrey: Luckily no he's in his room.

   Alex: good oh and I heard him and Louise talking earlier...

   Audrey: what'd they say?!

   Alex: ok hold on i'll text you the convo

   Austin: So um so you know what's going on with Audrey and Aaron?

   Louise: Why would you care about that loser? Aaron wouldn't go after her, besides she hates us now anyways, probably, so it doesn't matter.

   Austin: You're right, that loser. She can go off with Aaron if she likes, I wouldn't care.

   Louise: But she obviously likes you though Austin. She actually thinks she has a chance with you?

   Austin: I would never like her back, anyways, this is my house, see you later babe.

   And then they noticed me and walked away :/

   Tears pricked my eyes as I read it. I can't believe... why would he say that about me? Today at school, he was acting more nice than usual. I hoped that maybe he would've forgiven me for what I did to him to make him hate me and we could go back to normal.

   I want the old Austin back. The one who I loved. The one who always sat with me at lunch. The one who didn't care about the bullies or being cool or what I looked like.

   I hate Louise, I hate the new Austin, and I hate whoever changed Austin.

   "What are you doing here?" Austin asked from the hallway. I looked up and my face flushed.

   "U-uh I-i-i u-u-h," I stuttered. He walked towards me and I stumbled backwards.

   "Austin honey someone's on the phone for you," Michele called from the hallway. 

   He turned around to look at her.

   "What is Audrey doing here?" he asked.

   "Oh is something wrong? I told you she was staying with us, it turned out she was coming earlier than expected," she explained. Austin fake smiled at her.

   "That's perfect!" he said feigning excitement. She gave him the phone and walked away. Austin scowled at me and walked away with the phone.

   I gulped and put my face in my hands.

   This was going to be a long year.

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   What do you guys think?

   Vote

   Comment

   Fan

   @ShootUsDown74