8.

Chapter 8

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   My hands were shaking with nervousness. I had to sing... in front of the whole class. Do you how long it took for the courage to post that YouTube video? Now that I remember I haven't checked my account in awhile...

   Anyway we were up next. Right now was Linda and her partner and they sounded really good. I hated that. I was probably going to suck. Maybe I could pretend to be sick or throw up so I wouldn't have to do it.

   "Don't screw this up for me," Aaron whispered in my ear. We were standing on the side of the classroom getting ready.

   "That was excellent! Aaron... Audrey you're up!" Mr. Brown said. I took a deep breath and walked to the center of the classroom with shaky legs. Butterflies were in my stomach.

   And the thought that we and only practiced once made me feel even more nervous.

   I stood there watching Aaron sit down in his chair getting his guitar ready.

   He started playing and then gave me my cue.

   I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Aaron glared at me and stopped playing.

   "I can't do this," I whispered to him. Mr. Brown came up to me.

   "Audrey, you can do this. I believe you can sing, just close your eyes and pretend nobody is listening," he reassured me. I nodded and then Aaron started playing again and when he gave me my cue this time I acually started singing.

   I sang the whole song and I didn't mess up.

   I stopped singing and then Aaron stopped playing the guitar. I looked up nervously and saw everyone's shocked expressions.

   I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

   "Wow, that was amazing! Okay everyone that is class for the day, I will grade all your performances tonight and give you your grade tomorrow," he explained. I walked over to my desk and grabbed my books.

   I walked to the door but Aaron stopped me. I tensed up. What if I was bad? Was he going to kill me?

   But instead he smiled... a real smile.

   "Nice job," he smiled and then walked away.

   I stood there paralyzed.

   Did he just say something nice to me?

    Austin's Pov

   I paced around in my hall. What am I going to do? I can't believe I was being mean to Audrey. I suddenly felt really bad.

   Wait no I can't feel bad. 

   I only started hanging out with Louise so I could make Audrey jealous and then she would like me but then Louise got me to hang around with the popular people and for once I wasn't bullied!

   And they said I could only stay with them if I am mean to Audrey.

   And I knew Audrey was behind that vending machine the other day. We made up this plan where Louise and I would talk about fake things about Audrey so she would think I am telling Louise lies about her.

   But I didn't know Louise would eventually share the fake rumors around the school!

   And she knows they were fake.