1.

Chapter One

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   I walked down the halls quietly watching everyone talking to their friends. I sighed and pushed up my oversized glasses. I always hate the fact that I have to wear enormous glasses and full mouth braces. I am pretty much the “nerd” of the school. I am the smartest person in the whole school. I am pretty much the definition of a nerd. Nobody really likes me. They push me around a lot. They don’t necessarily bully me, they just like to tease me.

   I am not the only one not popular in this school. There is Austin. Austin Mahone. All the girls in the school like country boys. People say he doesn’t fit in here, and I don’t necessarily either because I don’t like country boys. I like people like Austin. He is so dreamy. His gorgeous eyes and those braces are to die for. I have liked him ever since kindergarten. We have always gone to the same school. We aren’t really friends. But since no one chooses us for partners, we always get stuck together. And we have nowhere else to sit, so we sit together at lunch to make it look like we aren’t loners. We don’t talk much either. But I have always loved him.

   I always will.

   I reached my lockers and stuffed my books in it. Everything is cluttered in it. I am not the organizing one. It just takes up too much time and it will most likely be messed up again.

   I grabbed my lunch. Cafeteria lunch is overrated.

   I shut my locker door. I walked to the cafeteria and saw Austin sitting at our table eating his packed lunch. I walked up to that table and sat down across from him. He nodded at me and I fake smiled. We don’t usually talk.

   I munched on my sandwich, taking little bites. I glanced at Austin.

   He noticed me looking at him. He smiled at me and then… started talking.

   “Hi, so do you sing?” he asked me. I was surprised why he would ask something like that but didn't say anything about it. I thought about this. I am in the choir and everyone says I am the best singer in the world (over exaggeration). I really do enjoy singing.

    “Yeah,” I replied.

   “I posted my first video of me singing on YouTube. It has only gotten like 100 views though. I posted it yesterday,” he informed me. My eyes nearly shot out of my head. 100 views. In one day. Whoa.

   “That’s a lot of views, Austin. Especially in one day. You must be really good. How many likes?” I asked him surprised that I am not stuttering.

   He smiled big at me, “27.”

   “That’s great Austin!” I yelled really loud. Everyone looked at our table. I slumped down in my chair and he laughed. Omg! I might have a chance with him.

   “Maybe you should post you singing on YouTube too. Are you good?” he asked me.

   “That's what people say,” I laughed.

   “Great! We have a ton of projects due on Friday anyway. You could come to my house and we can sing to each other and post a duet on YouTube.”

   “I’m not that good Austin. At least I don’t think so. I don’t really think I should,” I answered shyly.

   “You will be great. You can set up your own YouTube account. A lot of people like Justin Bieber become famous from YouTube.”

   I smiled and finished my sandwich.

   “Thursday? That is in two days.”

   “That sounds great,” I nearly yelled with excitement. This was too good.

   “Well I should get to study hall now. Bye…,” he trailed off.

   “Audrey,” I said. He forgot my name.

   He laughed and walked away. Whoa! I can’t believe that actually happened. I, Audrey Thirlwall, am going to Austin Mahone’s house. I can’t even contain my excitement.

   I smiled big as I finished off my lunch.

   “What are you smiling about? Got a date with the nerd?” a southern accent teased me. It scared me so much I spilled my chips everywhere. I turned around and glared at him.

   David.

   The bully of the school. Like I said before he doesn’t necessarily bully me, but now that I think about it, you could say he does.

   “Shut up David,” I snapped. He took and step back and put his hands up.

   “Whoa you got me. I’m so scared,” he laughed. His friends all laughed too. His friends including his best friend the football captain, Aaron, his girlfriend, Linda, and the rest of his crew which consists if like 10 people.

   “You two would make a great couple. You two are both losers,” Linda laughed.

   “We aren’t dating.” I told them harshly.

   “Oh yeah what were we thinking? Not even Austin is stupid enough to go out with you,” Aaron proclaimed. Linda walked up to me with her soda. Oh no.

   She poured it on my head. The cold beverage instantly crashing on me made me jump. I got up and ran out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom. It was only sprite so nothing is really stained. I looked in the mirror to find my shirt and hair soaked.

   I grabbed a couple paper towels and rubbed them on my shirt and on my hair.

   Hopefully Austin doesn’t see me like this.

   I shrugged and walked out of the bathroom. I wasn’t soaked but I was a little damp. No one should notice though. I walked to my locker, grabbed my books and sped to music class. I like being the first one. I don’t have to run into Aaron, Linda, and David and I don’t get trampled by the crowd.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

@ShootUsDown74