15.

Chapter 15

   Austin's POV

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   She ran away? Why did she run away? Doesn't she realize what I'm doing for her? I'm risking getting bullied for life again to save her butt but she's still an ungrateful brat. 

   She didn't have to embarrass me like that. I just stood there frozen on the table while the whole student body was staring at me.

   I jumped off the table and sat in the chair quietly. 

   I'm really stupid some times aren't I?

   "Hey you okay?" a voice asked. I smiled and looked up and saw Alex standing there. I jumped up from the  chair and hugged him tightly.

   "Alex I'm sorry for everything. Can we still be friends?" I asked and pulled away. He laughed and nodded.

   "Of course man, and about Audrey just give her some time to adjust, you were mean to her," he reassured me. I turned hard again.

   "Who says I care about Audrey?" I asked coldly and his eyes narrowed.

    "Well then what was that?!" Alex exclaimed and gestured towards the table I was standing on. I shrugged.

   "I did that because I'm sick of Louise and Linda and David, not because of her," I scoffed. Alex backed away from me slowly.

   "I don't know what happened to you, Austin, but I don't like the new you. I want the old Austin back just like everyone else does. You know maybe Audrey had a reason to run off like that."

   I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around and sprinted out of the cafeteria without another word. 

   Tears threatened to leave my eyes. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what to do about Audrey. I don't know what to do about Alex. I don't know what to do about my life. I just don't know. Why can't they see that? Why can't they help me? Why can't they see I'm struggling?

   I burst into one of the halls and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Audrey at the end of the hall. She was walking out of the school with her backpack on her shoulder. Was she skipping?

   "Audrey!" I yelled after her but once she heard my voice she took off running. But she wasn't getting away this time. I sprinted after her, and finally all these years of basketball paid off. Before she could leave the school grounds, I grabbed her wrists and turned her around to face me, and when I looked at her face my eyes widened in surprise.

   She looked so sad, and she looked like she'd been crying.

   "Why.... why were you crying?" I asked, my face filling with worry. Gosh, what is wrong with me? Why am I so mean to her one second and the next I act like I lobve her?

   ♥Audrey's POV

   Austin touched my cheek gently and I stood there and let him do it, not fighting back yet not saying anything afraid that he would do something.

   "I'm sorry Austin," I whispered sincerely and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

   "For what?" he asked. I took a deep breath.

   "For not telling you," I told him simply and then jerked from his grip and ran away, this time he let me go. 

   The whole way home, I steered clear of thoughts of Austin or my family and just tried to focus on the more positive things, like homecoming. But why would I go?

   Aaron

   As if he would even go with me anyways. He's like Austin, in public he hates me, in private we're friends. It's so confusing sometimes. 

   On the way home, I skipped Austin's house and went straight to my house. I wanted to be there again, where my mom and my brother and my dad were all once.  I wanted a part of them with me and honestly I didn't want Michele questioning why I wasn't at school.

   I took out the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. I stepped foot inside cautiously and closed the door behind me. I smiled as I saw everything. My couch, my chair, my kitchen.

   I threw my bookbag on the floor and plopped down on the couch staring at the ceiling.

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   Vote

   Comment

   Fan

   @ShootUsDown74