21.

Chapter 21

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   I walked into the school building and everything was back to normal again. Nobody looked at me. Nobody whispered to each other as I walked past them. I was invisible again. And the weird thing is I liked that.

   "Hey!" Louise said and hugged me when I passed her in the hallway. I laughed and hugged her back.

   "I heard your dad's back in town. That's great!" she said and punched my shoulder playfully. I smiled and nodded.

   "It's good to have him back," I admitted truthfully and then waved goodbye to her and walked to my locker. 

   I opened it up and then out of the corner of my eyes I saw Sarah. I quickly shut my locker and turned around. She was opening her locker at the other end of the room.

   I quickly made my way over to her.

   "Sarah!" I yelled and she noticed me and tried walking away but I grabbed her hand. The bell rang and she scowled at me.

   "Let me go! I don't want to be late!" she yelled and tried to jerk out of my grasp but I held her still..

   "Sarah, we need to talk!" I yelled and she finally gave up. After I made sure everyone had goen to class I started talking.

   "Sarah, I'm so sorry. Austin's grandma died and he really needed me. I wanted to go so bad. Besides his mom was basically my legal guardian and I had to go wherever she goes and I'm sorry Sarah, and about Alex I'm sorry I didn't-," I explained but she interrupted.

   "This has nothing to do with Alex," she said cooly and crossed her arms over her chest.

   "I know. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I miss you," I pleaded and bit my lip waiting for her answer. She sighed.

   "Okay," she mumbled.

   "What?" I asked.

   "I said okay, don't make me repeat it. Maybe I was overreacting a little, and I should've understood. I'm sorry," she said and I smiled at her and hugged her. She tensed up for a second but hugged me back. I pulled away and smiled at her again.

   "Thanks," I beamed and then Alex walked down the hall towards us.

   "Audrey do you have free period to-?" Alex asked but stopped when he was Sarah. Sarah's face fell and she turned around and ran away from us. I turned to Alex and raised my eyebrow at him.

   "Look I just wanted her and I to be friends," he explained.

   "Your broke her heart!" I protested and put my hand on my hip.

   "Look, I didn't feel that way about her anymore. What did you want me to do? Keep going with it nd pretend I do?" he asked and stared at me waiting for an answer.

   "Ok look I understand but will you please explain that to her?" 

   "I tried! She just runs away," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

   "Look I'll figure a way to talk to her about it, but do you mind skipping school with me? I need to talk to someone," he muttered and put his hands in his pockets.

   "All day?" I asked. As a nerd, I hate skipping school.

   "Yeah, you don't have to," he added quickly. 

   "It's fine, I'll come with you," I gave in and he smiled and I got my purse from my locker and we made our way out of the school.

   "Where are we going?" I asked him as we walked down the sidewalk.