3.

Chapter Three

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   I awoke the sound of jumping. It was probably Daisy, our dog. She is only 6 months old, but she is really big. I hopped up from my bed and looked at the time. 7:00. I groaned and walked to my closet. I pulled out a white t-shirt and then some jean shorts. I put them on and walked to the bathroom.

   I put on my glasses and pushed them up from my nose, then I added my rubber bands. I have to put them in my mouth for my braces. It is absolutely horrible and so much work. You have to take them out anytime you eat and when you brush your teeth, and put them on any other time.

   I have had these stinking braces ever since 5th grade which was 4 years ago. The orthodontist says that I might get them off in maybe a year or so, but he says only if I wear my rubber bands. I finished putting them in, then I grabbed my brush and ran it through my really long hair. It came to my waist and it was always wavy. It barely ever gets tangled though. I finished brushing it, then I picked up my Justin Bieber toothbrush and turned it on and it started playing Never Say Never.

   I know I know, you probably think I am too old for singing toothbrushes but no one is ever too old for Justin Bieber. I put my toothbrush back and stared at my reflection. I sighed.

   I will never look as good Linda does. I walked back to my room and put on white ankle high socks, and then my high-tops.

   I skipped down stairs and grabbed a bowl of cereal. I looked at the clock. 7:15. Oh no! It takes like a 5 minute walk to get there and I always show up early, so if I leave right now I can probably make up.

   I grabbed  milk carton, poured a handful of cereal in my mouth and then gulped it down with sip of milk. I put the milk carton away but left the cereal on the counter. Oh man. My backpack is upstairs.

   I raced upstairs, grabbed my backpack, raced downstairs, grabbed my hoodie, put it on, and exited my house.

   I ran down the sidewalk and turned a right.

   “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you there,” a familiar voice apologized. I looked up and saw Austin. I smiled.

   “It’s alright.” I laughed. He realized it was me.

   “Oh hey Audrey.” He waved. I waved back.

   “Why are you going that way? The school is this way,” I asked him.

   “Oh I forgot my science book at my house. Considering we have a science test tomorrow I kind of need it. See you at school,” he explained and ran past me. I smiled big to myself after he left. I can’t believe you are actually talking to each other now.

   I beamed and kept walked towards the school.

   I reached the front yard of the school and skipped towards the doors, I opened them and walked in. 

   I arrived at my locker and opened it. First up was History class. I grabbed my history books and left for the classroom. It was all the way on the other side of the school, so luckily no one else was here. Or at least that’s what I thought.

   “David, I am afraid if you don’t do this you will be expelled.” The principal said. I stopped in my tracks and stepped backwards. I leaned up against his door to try and listen better.

   “But really?! Are you sure there isn’t anything else that will keep me in this school?” David asked.

   “I am afraid so.”